• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hero For Hire #1 CGC 9.6 sold for $2,100.00!!!

51 posts in this topic

I read it sold recently on Pedigree comics. Gasp! how many times the O-street 9.2 grade price is that people??? I imagine a CGC 9.8 copy could sell for around $5K-7K or more? A Black cover Marvel key book with a 20 cent cover price picture frame cover!. Hey, try and find Outlaw Kid #10 in CGC 9.6 or better probably the most underated under valued bronze age black cover key book in the guide?. I used to own a CGC 9.4 graded copy of O.L.K #10 many years ago(back in 1999) but sold it what a giant mistake!!!. Black cover 20 cent key Marvel books and 52 page square bounds are on fire in CGC 9.6 or better grade, but are super difficult to find. Happy collecting to all out there.

Actually, OLK 10 doesn't go for that much in 9.4, one sold for a bit over $100 a while back.

But in 9.6, maybe? That's the "investment grade" baseline for BA, even rare BA, these days.

My OLK #10 CGC 9.4 was the Oakland copy I sold it back in 1999. I sold it on ebay back in 1999 I cant remember what it sold for? Its just as hard to find in grade as all the other black cover key 20 centers from the 1970-1972 period(smile). It should guide for at least $100.00----so many bronze age keys are grossly undervalued compared to silver age key books it seems? Its mindboggling the difference in price value of the top silver age comics compared to the top bronze age comics in the O-street price guide.

Well, the guy who sold it had two issues, and I am sure if a CGC 9.6-9.8 popped up on the Census, it would be a lot more expensive.

And you're preaching to the choir here, and I just love the cover. I had a beautiful NM+ raw copy that I gave to a friend, and then I replaced it with this lower-graded one.

55722-outlaw_10.jpg.8d4c56c5963dfcfb2e5ff69004232c06.jpg

Had a pretty good conversation at the show sunday about Hero For Hire #1 NM copies are rarely seen, I think it is just a book that has regained or finally built a following . Could have alot to do with Luke Cages recent rise from C list in modern comics and people have gained interest in obtaining back issues. Either way im not all that surprised. Its a tough book to find in HG.

Hero for Hire #1 is super tough in 9.4 grade! but Outlaw Kid #10 is EVEN harder in 9.6 or better just compare the two by CGC census status!. I have spoken(smile).

Is there a raw copy of OLK #10 out there that can ever be sent in to CGC that will grade a 9.6 even??? OLK #10 is tipically found in raw 6.0 grade.

Hero for Hire #1 is super tough in 9.4 grade! but Outlaw Kid #10 is EVEN harder in 9.6 or better just compare the two by CGC census status!.

lollollol

One's a key issue selling for thousands in HG, while the other is a common, selling for $75-$100 in HG.

If EVER a CGC O.L.K #10 were to grade and be listed on say pedigree comics you would swallow your laughter! after it probably sells for around $4K in a CGC 9.8 grade? It may not be as big of a key book as H.F.H #1 but its the( ALL new origin) of the O.L.K + Ayers art to BOOT. Even if O.L.K #10 guided for the same price as HFH #1 there would still be NO CGC 9.6 copies graded to date in my opinion. I just love those super tough picture frame early bronze age Marvel BLACK covers! 1970-1972. Astonishing Tales #12 is another great BLACK cover Marvel gem too eh?

If EVER a CGC O.L.K #10 were to grade and be listed on say pedigree comics you would swallow your laughter! after it probably sells for around $4K in a CGC 9.8 grade?

Sorry, but I highly doubt that. Comics are still key/first app.-oriented, and that's what is driving HFH #1, not the black cover.

If EVER a CGC O.L.K #10 were to grade and be listed on say pedigree comics you would swallow your laughter! after it probably sells for around $4K in a CGC 9.8 grade?

Sorry, but I highly doubt that. Comics are still key/first app.-oriented, and that's what is driving HFH #1, not the black cover.

I agree. If the picture framers got into a crazy bidding frenzy for an OK 10 in 9.8 I would say $1500 to 2k tops, and that is insane. If the HFH #1 in 9.8 hits the open market, watch out.

Hey JC , ya know I used to kinda see the logic in some of your "impending doom , comic crash , etc. , mainly due to the younger gen's multitude of choices/interests , etc. However , it appears that maybe we should hang on to everything , sinse Marvel is in control , and bringing all these characters to the big screen. People could go crazy bidding things up ! .I mean there's .......possibly Mandarin , Crimson Dynamo , Titanium Man , Modok , N. Fury , ALL the Avengers ? , T-Howard - War machine ?...(guess I need to go find his 1st app. now.) And many of those are a real possibility just for IM 2 . And it could go on and on and on ?

What you think ??... (shrug)(shrug)...............................BH

Hey JC , ya know I used to kinda see the logic in some of your "impending doom , comic crash , etc. , mainly due to the younger gen's multitude of choices/interests , etc. However , it appears that maybe we should hang on to everything , sinse Marvel is in control , and bringing all these characters to the big screen. People could go crazy bidding things up ! .I mean there's .......possibly Mandarin , Crimson Dynamo , Titanium Man , Modok , N. Fury , ALL the Avengers ? , T-Howard - War machine ?...(guess I need to go find his 1st app. now.) And many of those are a real possibility just for IM 2 . And it could go on and on and on ?

What you think ??... (shrug)(shrug)...............................BH

Ahh ! ..the silent treatment .Don't want to start a run on the banks , huh? , while your covertly accumulating . I see ..... :whistle:..BH

Nah, it's just that right now, I wouldn't even want to guess at what will happen. (shrug)

So , your adamant stance has been slightly shaken ?......and stirred.............. hmhm...................BH

I will say this.....I believe the super-hero movie is a phase and it will pass. In 7 or 10 years, nobody will be making super-hero movies as some other genre will be the flavor of the day. It will only take 2 or 3 big budget bombs to put a screeching halt to the trend.

I will say this.....I believe the super-hero movie is a phase and it will pass. In 7 or 10 years, nobody will be making super-hero movies as some other genre will be the flavor of the day. It will only take 2 or 3 big budget bombs to put a screeching halt to the trend.

Actually , I read somewhere that with all the endless crossovers , character development , origins , etc. Not to mention , later down the road , when the general public is exposed and invested in these characters , they could even start doing "story type arcs" such as "CivilWar" , Secret Invasion" , etc....The stories could actually be as endless and fresh as each comic you pick up ?

Except maybe the 90's books , of course .. meh

They went further to even suggest that these movies might create thier own distinct category , such as "Romantic Comedy" ," Action / Adventure" , "Comedy" , etc. :o:o ......BH