• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-men 99 cover

49 posts in this topic

Has any forumite ever won a raw lot of comics or original art from Phil Weiss without being in on the floor bidding? The low estimate for X-men 99 Cockrum cover is $20k. Are you bidding on the floor against Albert Moy, Metro and NeatStuff's sidekick? Or were most of these comic or art lots consigned by NeatStuff? :whistle:

Was originally planning to be on the floor but Weiss seems to have made the start time earlier: Sat 08Apr26 10:00 a.m. instead of 7:00 pm. I will not be able to attend that early.

Weiss's descriptions and pics on their raw comic lots are vague. e.g. Hulk #1 lot in at least vg or better with a far away pic of the raw comic front/back while in 3c polybag. :makepoint:

Where's Wolverine?

It's like those Where's Waldo? books...

He's dressed in his space stealth suit costume :gossip: ... you can't see him but he's placed himself just below Storm's bubble for optimum viewing angle. :devil:

C

I remember back in 1996/1997 or so,I was bidding on what looked to be the cover art to FF #153.It was just art and no logos at all.I lost out.I think my high bid was $400 and it went for $450? if I recall. I always wondered if I missed out on the real thing.

That sounds a bit high ;)

Personally, the #99 doesn't do much for me. The #98 is my favorite early Sentinels cover from the "New X-Men" run. There are several early covers that I just don't like at all, actually.

That sounds a bit high ;)

Personally, the #99 doesn't do much for me. The #98 is my favorite early Sentinels cover from the "New X-Men" run. There are several early covers that I just don't like at all, actually.

So whatcha sayin' dammit???

Ok Ok....so only $500,000 then?

What's that...a busy weekend of plasty?

(thumbs u

C