• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGCed SS books from MegaCon

21 posts in this topic

Well as I have mentioned in previous posts, I went a bit SS crazy at MegaCon since this was my first show that I was able to witness my own books. Due to my large order I asked to have them pre-screened at the 9.4 level.

To my surprise my own "pre-screening" was fairly accurate with only 4 books not being graded.

21 Books graded 9.8

15 Books graded 9.6

5 Books graded 9.4

I am still waiting on my Economy and Magazine books, but I just wanted to show off my grading skills :) !! I am pretty proud of the grades since I was sure that all 45 were 9.6s or above.

I will post pics when they come in, especially my Grail (Ult Spider-man 100 TPB signed by 10+

Well here are just some of the gems

Teen Titans #2 signed by Perez (Perez Artist Signature) 9.6

Fantastic Four #554 (Suydam MegaCon Variant) Suydam Headsketch 9.8

Captain America #25 by Vines 9.8

Civil War #1 Aspen by McNiven, Vines and Hollowell 9.8

Incredible Hulk #100 (Turner Variant) by Trimpe and Friedrich 9.8

Wolverine Origin #10 (Quesada Variant) by Quesada and Way 9.8

Thor #1 (Suydam Painted non-Zombie) by Suydam 9.8

Hulk #1 (DF) by Vines 9.8

Marvel Zombies: Dead Days #1 by Suydam 9.8

Superman/Batman #1 (Both Covers) by Vines 9.6

Illuminati #4 w/ Blackbolt Headsketch by Cheung 9.6

I think a blind squirrel could hit 9.4 or better on moderns :) How many did you think were 9.8's?

Hey thats not nice :)

To be honest its not as easy as one might think with manufactur errors and handling at the cons. I brought over 3 short boxes of books to be signed in addition to about 30 HC/TPB. It is a real challenge making sure that your books dont get damaged in transit.

Plus I was by myself. Usually my lovely and paitent GF is there to help out but she was unable to attend. (she usually runs and gets Eric or another CGC employee to witness signatures as I am waiting in line, shes a keeper)

Plus due to my job I am usally one of the last people to pick up books on Wednesdays, so by then many of the books on the shelves have been already sifted through.

I am just impressed that I had no real NEGATIVE surprises, like I often do when I submit books.

I think a blind squirrel could hit 9.4 or better on moderns :) How many did you think were 9.8's?

To be honest I really dont know the difference between grading a book 9.6 and 9.8. NM has always been NM to me and that is how I look for a book.

I have over 100 9.8 and about double that in 9.6s and I can not really tell the difference between then two grades. Some of my 9.8s look like clear 9.6 (or below) and some of my 9.6s look FLAWLESS.

pics pics pics! :)

There wont be pics for a few weeks AT LEAST. The books have not been encapsulated yet and I hope to be able to pick them up Monday when I will be in sarasota for a wedding. (Not mine) and great timing :)

To be honest its not as easy as one might think with manufactur errors and handling at the cons. I brought over 3 short boxes of books to be signed in addition to about 30 HC/TPB. It is a real challenge making sure that your books dont get damaged in transit.

Plus I was by myself. Usually my lovely and paitent GF is there to help out but she was unable to attend. (she usually runs and gets Eric or another CGC employee to witness signatures as I am waiting in line, shes a keeper)

Plus due to my job I am usally one of the last people to pick up books on Wednesdays, so by then many of the books on the shelves have been already sifted through.

I am just impressed that I had no real NEGATIVE surprises, like I often do when I submit books.

As long as you're not negatively surprised, it's all good.

As long as you're not negatively surprised, it's all good.

(thumbs u

That was what I was going to have done this weekend! Then Suydam backed out of the show.....

:(

Good luck in getting a small headsketch on a book by Suydam, I was the ONLY one he was willing to do small sketches at the show for (got 2 done) since his line was so long and the fact that I dropped a HUGE chunk of change to get some comissions done.

I am still waiting on a commission by him, I may have to wait till his next show to ask him on the progress.

That was what I was going to have done this weekend! Then Suydam backed out of the show.....

:(

Good luck in getting a small headsketch on a book by Suydam, I was the ONLY one he was willing to do small sketches at the show for (got 2 done) since his line was so long and the fact that I dropped a HUGE chunk of change to get some comissions done.

I am still waiting on a commission by him, I may have to wait till his next show to ask him on the progress.

I won't even get to see him now. I emailed him, but got nothing back, either.

SOME PICS as promised...I am still away from home, just leaving Sarasota for NY, took these on my Cellphone camera and put them up...flight leaves tomarrow at 6am. Ironically I will be leaving the day BEFORE the New York Comic Con :(:frustrated:

all are up for grabs (PM me an offer if interested)

EXCEPT FOR the Capt 25 and the Ult Spider-men 100 TPBs and the Teen Titans #2.

The ASM #238 is with the Mark Jewlers insert which was a surprise to me.

56209-ULT1.jpg.821e00d58f8062ace5c75c63f36634e7.jpg

56210-CGC1.jpg.b213de79ba7ec7923be76bdf510e27d6.jpg

56211-CGC2.jpg.14d38e7ac05c2ca6a5bc458115566272.jpg

56212-CGCMEgao-29.jpg.89884860a9fcedf0c71afd9523978344.jpg

56213-CGCMEgao-39.jpg.1f4b616fba8691f9d5356330aa543d0c.jpg

56214-CGCMEgao-09.jpg.b39f9a83527c0c481bcf5c3a6c199b5e.jpg

56215-CGCMEgao-42.jpg.03976d3e46bb0f7c80839e639a509aa9.jpg

56216-CGCMEgao-52.jpg.f2eeb835be4042af5dcc989a96c60181.jpg

56217-CGCMEgao-58.jpg.4f1f46cd7925faef86776de9266b5a88.jpg

56218-CGCMEgao-59.jpg.38a383a3305496de3edf1398764109e8.jpg

fantastic Pics Daniel!

btw, did you ever send out your hardcovers to me? I haven't gotten anything yet.

I might be interested in one of your Ultimate Spider-MAn sketch books (I'd crack it out though)

I posted this in the sales forum and just wanted to make sure that you guys saw it.

I put up some of the books I got done at MegaCon books on ebay

They include:

- Hulk #1 DF CGC SS 9.8

- Hulk #1 HERO CGC SS 9.8

- Thor #1 Painted Variant CGC SS 9.8

- Amazing Spider-man #546 TRIPLE SIGNED CGC SS 9.6

- Amazing Spider-man #546 Variant CGC SS 9.6 by Quesada

I will give FREE DOMESTIC SHIPPING for any board memeber that buys more then 2 slabs.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZcomixandclix