• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I finally came out of the closet...(pics)

59 posts in this topic

For all you lonely souls out there..... :cry:

That is the gorgeous vampire loving chica. She's the best.

Dude, she is smokin hot all right!

And I guess we can kinda see your anxiety towards blowing your geek cover, if her reaction might of gone the wrong way.

Though, you played the honesty card, albeit 12 months a little late. Thats got to be worth a few points right there, bearing your inner self and all.

Must admit most of the girls I've been with have ambivalent towards my reading/collecting.

Just the high end slabs get the big wrap, when they work out you spent less on the holiday in Spain, than the slab you picked up the week before. There's no digging out of that hole! doh!

It's kind of strange but from what you have been saying

and the pics that you have displayed...

You have described my wife almost to the letter when we were dating in our 20's

and ironically enough to see in your pics that she even reminds me of her

back then.

Here is a photo of her now (both of us are in our late 30's)

carol_bw.jpg

As a tip: if she is a big fan of vampires I would suggest All of Ann Rice's early books

Especially the vampire Lestat series (this is what the movie interview with a vampire

came from) My wife is a vampire fiend and cherishes not only these books

but the town inwhich they came from (which is another suggestion to take her someday)

New Orleans. If you haven't been the big easy isn't just a great place to party - it drips

with a strange dark culture of voodoo and goth (this makes a lot of sense when you find out

that not only Ann Rice is from there but Trent Reznor from NIN)

Anyway, this is from an old ex-grunt as well - have fun...

you only go once around the ride.

:cloud9:

None of my girlfriends have ever had problems with the fact that I collect comic books. I never had to hide anything at all.

My ex of 7 years had no interest at all though never hindered me or ever had anything bad to say at all to say about my hobby. Plus my 18 month old son loves Spider-Man and has for most of his existance...he'll be following in Daddy's footsteps for sure. He also already has a fine appreciation of fine wine...

JacobSomellier.jpg

My present girlfriend doesn't actively read or collect, but she loves looking through the covers and appreciates my original art I have hanging in my dining room (she actually wants me to get more, including a painting idea we came up with). She also REALLY likes all the GGA that was posted for her in the GA forum :devil:

She's great... :cloud9:

"How much are they worth?" "At what point will you be selling them?" :insane:

"Not in dollars...How much is that in Diamonds?"

All of the women I've dated, including my current GF have had no problem with this hobby. They either don't react to it at all, or they actively take an interest. Surprisingly, it's more often than not the latter.

In my experience, it isn't the hobby specifically that turns people off, but more so the obsession with it, and that applies to any hobby or pass time. It's likely that she finds it "cute" because it's something that she didn't know about you after all this time, which means it's not a pervasive force in your life. It's all about balance.

When a woman is genuinely attracted to you, hobbies like this one(that don't take over your life) become an endearing little quirk of your personality. If a woman dumps you because of a casual hobby, it's obviously about more than that and she was probably just looking for an excuse to kick you to the curb. Either that, or she's just a controlling b**ch and you'll never please her anyway.

Get ready for 20+ pages of relationship advice and proclamations that no girl they've ever known has ever had anything but the utmost respect and admiration for funny book collecting. :insane:

When a woman is genuinely attracted to you, hobbies like this one(that don't take over your life) become an endearing little quirk of your personality. If a woman dumps you because of a casual hobby, it's obviously about more than that and she was probably just looking for an excuse to kick you to the curb. Either that, or she's just a controlling b**ch and you'll never please her anyway.

lol lol Tbe trouble is your right! :censored:lol

Get ready for 20+ pages of relationship advice and proclamations that no girl they've ever known has ever had anything but the utmost respect and admiration for funny book collecting. :insane:

actually they are out there JC...

My wife, when she was my girlfriend, used to go with me to my LCS

and would buy a book or two herself, until one of the LCS owners had to

open this friggin' mouth.

The dude was talking about a girl he just met (not looking to see if anyone was around)

and said he couldn't wait to "stick her with his Big Knife"!

Way to Go Rufus! (that was actually his name by the way)...

To this day my wife won't walk into a LCS more than 5 mins - just to come get me basically

(and that's been 15 years ago) ...

:P

Get off it dude.

I never said that every girl I've known has had nothing "but the utmost respect and admiration for funny book collecting", but no girl I've dated has ever had a problem with it.

What the f**k else am I supposed to say? Women are creeped out by insecure little pu$$ies who lean on any one thing too much, whether it's comics, sports, or coke. That's it. This is not "relationship advice', this is common sense. I expect that you already know this, but are choosing to argue anyway

Get off it dude.

I never said that every girl I've known has had nothing "but the utmost respect and admiration for funny book collecting", but no girl I've dated has ever had a problem with it.

Get off it dude.

I didn't even read your reply when I posted that. doh!

Get off it dude.

Get off it dude.

I didn't even read your reply when I posted that. doh!

Well if you read it, you can see how I would have assumed you were referring to what I said.

NERD FIGHT IN THE LUNCH ROOM!

^^

You want some too? :sumo: