• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Secret Invasion Sketch Covers Megathread

1,531 posts in this topic

hey CHRIS aka secret son your gonna love this sketch by THE GREAT BILLY THE KID im not sure if he is doing any commissions right now, but i would hit him up....

ZombieGalactuss-1.jpg

LOTS OF PROPS TO YOU BILL (thumbs u (what did you think of my sketch on that note?) lol

That is a sick cover Fred, another satisfied Kid customer.

very very satisfied!!! its my desktop background... i cant wait to see the other zombie sketches he's gonna do for me :cloud9:

I don't know if you guys remember but a couple of weeks back i got a piece done by Lance Sawyer, who does work for Marvel on their Marvel Masterpiece sketch cards, and it didnt come to me in very great condition and i wasnt very happy about it and this is what it looked like

Picture5c002-1.jpg

Well i told him that it got dammaged and asked if it was the packaging of if it was like this when he got it, and he felt pretty bad for it, so he said that he would do me another one for FREE and didnt even charge me for shipping, here is that one

secretwar-1-1.jpg

As you can see not only is the book in pretty good shape but in my oppinion the sketch is way better, with a great goblin rendtition similar to the spectacular spider-man tv show, and both these covers were done on recalled books so its good considering that as well

Moral of the story is artists are really nice guys and love their fans so if they screw up dont hesitate to ask them about it because they'll be happy to fix it for you

A commission by David Quiles.

that commission kicks ! i just commissioned him to do a piece myself and cant wait to see what it looks like, it has spider-man in the front cover and daredevil in the backcover :D

Highly recommend David Quiles, he did a commssion Spiderman 300 with his own unique style, and it was awesome!!...He really puts good effort into his work, and it shows ;)

Well, after a few months of gathering sketch covers, and finally rediscovering my digital camera, it's time to share some sketch covers. Some of these date back to December, some have been graded and some are at CGC. Enjoy! I'll be posting on the Fallen Son and Dark Avengers threads too.

Kaare Andrews Spider-Man drawing from the Phoenix show

andrewssi.jpg

Mike Kunkel Spider-Man drawing from Phoenix:

kunkelsi.jpg

Aaron Sowd Skrull drawing from December:

sowdsi.jpg

That's about it, here's a few more that I got back in December or January, a Joe Benitez Magdalena and Rick Basaldua (Eric's brother & his inker) Witchblade:

benitezmag.jpg

rbaswb.jpg

Great sketches, Cavan! As a Spider-fan, I REALLY like the Lizard. In fact, I'm not sure I've ever seen him on a sketch cover before! Nice! (thumbs u

Love the Saviuk piece as well--I've got a really nice Spider-Man/Doc Oct commission from him as I love his work. AND he's such a friendly guy who loves to talk to his fans, a real class act!

And can I say that your THor sketch is probably one of the nicer ones out there? But that's Joe Sinnott for you! ;)

Those sketches are really great. When I saw Greg Horn I had to get one from him, but he said he was only doing them from 2pm-4 (it was noon). But he decided to do a fast sketch for me anyway. Less than one minute and this was the result.

p1010507t.jpg