• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Secret Invasion Sketch Covers Megathread

1,531 posts in this topic

Well, depending on how fast the Canadian / US mail is, I should be adding these to my collection relatively soon...

Both are penned and inked by James Olsen. Definitely thinking I might try and get these colored at some point too.

IMSketch-2.jpg

Picture5c006-2.jpg

lol the canadian mail should be alot faster than it was for fanexpo lets put it that way

lol Not what I meant! :kidaround: I've just some other packages in the past where it's taken a while longer than it should have. Anyhow, really looking forward to seeing these in person. :)

hijacked.gif

i think almost every sketch should have some color

I kind of agree, but I make it a rule to only manipulate sketches that I have nearly identical covers of. Here are my own attempts/butchers.

This 100Girls1.jpg

turned into this:

100Gz02.jpg

This JungleFantasy02bySeanShawb.jpg

turned into this:

JF02.jpg

& I don't have an original scan of this, but here's what this turned into:

JR01.jpg

(In retrospect, I should have erased some of Rich Woodall's circular pencil marks on his face. It would have looked better.)

I also have a Demonslayer Sketch Cover that I remixed, but there's no point uploading it because Photobucket will delete in 5 secs because nudity makes them curl up into the fetal position, rocking back & forth while grasping their crucifix.

Sorry the scans didn't turn out so well.

i won't even try to alter a sketch....i ask how much is it for full body/bust and color

if they say they don't do color i go "ok" had some go i don't have anything to color with....good thing son brought his color pencils to draw

they say head sketch only....i go "ok"

but to me a head sketch....sometimes hard to tell who it's of, don't get me wrong you can tell on most, but a few have me wondering....who is that

now a bust, it's much easier, and full body....well do i even need to say

the color thing, even just say red and black....it's still something that pops the sketch off the cover

but these are all my opinions, and my likes....will i walk away from the artist bc they will only do head sketch....no

i'll like the sketch just as much, it just might not be one of my fav's is all

Understandable.

Those pictured above are ebay grabs. I have 4 of the 100Girls & 10 of the Johnnys. I've never ever seen blanks for either to get commissions & told they were long gone years ago, so I took liberties. To my knowledge, they are the only color sketch covers for those covers in existence. The Avatar JungleFantasy, I kid you not, you can barely see the difference between the 2 that I had before I colored 1. Same w/ the 2 Marat Mychaels Demonslayers & the 2 Marat Mychaels 10th Muse. Avatar refuses to sell blanks so it will be difficult to get commissions from anybody but Avatar artists... but I'm trying my hardest... ;)