• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the best way to tackle modern Hulk?

36 posts in this topic

I plan on either waiting until the books cool down some

of getting a nice TPB.

I wanted to see what all the fuss was about in the Hulk Wars,

but I have heard that Planet Hulk was the place to start.

I did notice a Planet Hulk Trade at the LCS yesterday

is that where I need to start? Is that complete...

What issue did all this begin in and is the best place to start?

hm

Wrap around the waist, hold your position and drive Hulk to the ground before he can turn up field.

GO BEARS!

:headbang:

This, of course, is NOT how the Bears would tackle the Hulk. They'd try to arm tackle him.

planet hulk covers all of planet hulk. When he gets back to earth and it gets stupid is a whole nother can of worms.

Just read planet hulk and then quit after that.

100% agree

Also agree. Personally, my favorite Hulk story ever.

World War Hulk was really lame.

Get the hardcover. Only $35 for a great book.

Pat

Planet Hulk goes to 104 or 105, I believe. Officially it began in 92, but the issues immediately preceding are the big setup with the Illuminati and whatnot.

I really enjoyed Bruce Jones' run 34-70 or so. I drifted off towards the end, as it seemed like he had as well. But that 'Return of the Monster' stuff made me a regular reader for the first time. Great Kaare Andrews covers, too. You might start there. But PH stands on its own.

As someone mentioned, Planet Hulk is 92-105. In my opinion, the whole thing was fantastic. Loved that last arc.

The prelude is so-so. Only reason it's good to read it is so you know how the Hulk got to the planet.

Giant Size Hulk had a small story for Planet Hulk. Gladiator Book covers the bios on the characters and lands.

The Planet Hulk hardcover has 92-105, Giant Sized, and the Gladiator book. I think there is a re-cap with 91 too (to see him jettisoned).

Pat

No, Future Imperfect was done 15 years ago as a one-off. It's set 100 years or so in the future after WW III and WW IV, and most of the human population was destroyed, Hulk survived and ended up being the ruler of all he surveyed. They brought the present-day Hulk through time to fight him (I don't want to be a spoiler, but 'our' Hulk wins). Both FI and PH have in common the obvious themes of survival of the fittest and the Hulk ruling through strength. But FI has him as a violent, mostly despotic tyrant, while PH has him in a more benevolent, unifying slant, though he doesn't really have a chance for magnanimity before things go permanently wrong.