• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dangerous Robots and Beautiful Babes

14 posts in this topic

So how about those covers with angry robots and damsels in distress ...

Numero uno ... an all-time classic (and a robot that's not afraid of rust), great color, bondage, painted by a master of the airbrush, Startling 49:

startling_comics_49.jpg

Numero dos ... a hard-to-find gem, one of the Avon one shots ... Out of This World:

out_of_this_world.jpg

Numero tres ... a really angry, scary looking robot this time, Avon's Strange Worlds #8:

strange_worlds_8.jpg

Numero quatro ... another air brush cover from the two-issue run from Ziff-Davis, Lars of Mars #10:

lars_of_mars_10.jpg

Numero cinco ... a real oddball cover on this Avon one shot, and the giant guys in diapers don't really look like robots, but the title implies it, so ... Robotmen of the Lost Planet:

robotmen.jpg

And finally, a twist. Not an angry robot at all -- quite the opposite in fact. Adonis 2-PX-89, the love robot. Amazing Adventures #4:

amazing_adventures_4.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

There's got to be a lot more out there ... post 'em if you got 'em.

Here's one of my favorite robot covers, from Magic No. 19. I swiped this image from GCD, since my copy is crappy. More pretty colors....

And here's the Mexican version of the Strange Worlds No. 8

Joe

magic19.jpg

fantastico.jpg