• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you know?

8 posts in this topic

wondering, since OA isn't like buying a comic with several of the same comics for sell.

How do you know what to pay for OA? Is there something like GPA?

More often than not, you end up paying Krazy money . . .

Generally:

OA for a popular comic (Batman, X-Men) will cost more than OA for a "little" comic (Ninja High School).

OA featuring a popular character (Batman, X-Men) will cost more than OA featuring secondary characters.

OA featuring a major event (death, wedding, end of universe) will cost more than non-events (jogging, talking heads).

A cover usually costs more than a splash.

A splash usually costs more than a panel page.

A hot artist (Jim Lee, David Finch) costs more than a less-hot artist (Pop Mhan, Linda Medley).

The page you really, really want is usually a page that someone else really, really wants. It will cost the most of all.

Generally:

OA for a popular comic (Batman, X-Men) will cost more than OA for a "little" comic (Ninja High School).

OA featuring a popular character (Batman, X-Men) will cost more than OA featuring secondary characters.

OA featuring a major event (death, wedding, end of universe) will cost more than non-events (jogging, talking heads).

A cover usually costs more than a splash.

A splash usually costs more than a panel page.

A hot artist (Jim Lee, David Finch) costs more than a less-hot artist (Pop Mhan, Linda Medley).

The page you really, really want is usually a page that someone else really, really wants. It will cost the most of all.

Too True!! :cry::pullhair:

I'd suggest browsing through CAF and see what the general asking prices are. Many of the vet collectors here pointed me to this site and it's helped me to get a much better feel of things. I'm still finding new corners of that site to dig my OA newbie mitts into :grin: