• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this worth buying? Hulk 181 (scans and pics)

26 posts in this topic

Hey guys

I am thinking about buying this from a friend of a friend. He claims it's a 7.5 or 8.0 but I can't seem to tell from his blurry pictures and he won't take the book out of the bag to scan it. :frustrated:

It's got a fugly miswrap but, other than that, seems to be in pretty nice shape. I want to find a nice VF copy without the white stripe but I don't want to spend a fortune, unless I am sure.

Please post your grades and let me know what you think. Thanks

th_FrontPicture.jpgth_FrontScan.jpg

th_FrontPicture2.jpgth_FrontPicture4.jpgth_FrontPicture3.jpg

th_BackPicture.jpgth_BackScan.jpg

th_BackPicture2.jpgth_BackPicture3.jpg

No way to tell. I would want to see large scans unless the seller agreed to take it back if it was out of line. It is an expensive book. :sumo:

Seller will not take returns. Last year's OSPG is $250 for a 6.0 and $700 for an 8.0. His asking price is under $400 so it may be worth a gamble...thus my dilemma. :juggle:

No way to tell. I would want to see large scans unless the seller agreed to take it back if it was out of line. It is an expensive book. :sumo:

Seller will not take returns. Last year's OSPG is $250 for a 6.0 and $700 for an 8.0. His asking price is under $400 so it may be worth a gamble...thus my dilemma. :juggle:

Offer him $50 less and Buy it. :sumo:

I thought the seller was a sort of friend?

Just an on-line acquaintance that a friend referred me to.

That's pretty much the offer on the table. He's willing to meet me in the middle but I'm still not sure.

If I CGC it and it cames back as a 7.0, I could make a quick profit to be used on a nicer copy without the white stripe. Just not sure it's worth the gamble...

I thought the seller was a sort of friend?

Just an on-line acquaintance that a friend referred me to.

That's pretty much the offer on the table. He's willing to meet me in the middle but I'm still not sure.

If I CGC it and it cames back as a 7.0, I could make a quick profit to be used on a nicer copy without the white stripe. Just not sure it's worth the gamble...

Unless that's a hint of moisture damage to the back cover, I believe it's at least an 8.0, and thus, worth the gamble. :grin:

From what I can see it looks like at least an 8.0 ! Too bad some sellers insist on poor pics that can make purchases like this somewhat of a gamble.

Yeah, a good scan would make my decision alot easier. He claims to have had the book for over 20 years but doesn't want to take the book out of the bag to scan it because he's afraid it will get damaged.

I'm still not sure it's worth the gamble. Hopefully I can get some more opinons before I have to decide.

Thanks!

From what I can see it looks like at least an 8.0 ! Too bad some sellers insist on poor pics that can make purchases like this somewhat of a gamble.

Yeah, a good scan would make my decision alot easier. He claims to have had the book for over 20 years but doesn't want to take the book out of the bag to scan it because he's afraid it will get damaged.

I'm still not sure it's worth the gamble. Hopefully I can get some more opinons before I have to decide.

Thanks!

Buy it for me then . . . :grin:

Thanks!

Buy it for me then . . . :grin:

No, for me :baiting:

I'm also throwing my hat in the 7.5/8.0 ring...

One thing about that fugly miswrap is that it could mask some spine stresses...there don't appear to be any from the photos, but like others have said the photos aren't of the best quality.

Provided that nothing's wrong with the interior of the book and based on the GPA prices listed above, it could be a worthwhile gamble...