• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top 10 GoldenAge key comics

95 posts in this topic

I don't care what anybody says, this is the definition of "funny-book"...

whiz3.jpg

Thanks Jeff. Got it from Gator. It is a pretty tough issue, and a great cover.

I just made Vincent a fair offer on a Fawcett. Wish me luck. :wishluck:

Good luck! :wishluck:

Which one?

I've been tempted to go after some mid grade early issues of Whiz and CMA, and high grade Raboy Master covers.

You gettem high and I'll go low ( or maybe midgrade). :grin:

Seriously, I really think that the Raboy Master's covers are incredible and do represent a good value for the quality of the cover art. However, as someone else has pointed out - they seem a bit tough to come by.

They are nightmarishly tough to come by. I was collecting them for a year, and only able to find 2 copies to purchase in the 3.0-5.0 range...

Without helping to drive the prices up for collectors (I'm sure you dealers won't mind) but how is it that these don't get any respect? The stories for the first couple of years were as good as the best of any other GA comic company. The WWII covers were as good as any, maybe a little cleaner than the rest. Is it just cyclical and they'll become more collectible in a few years or what? Obviously they're a drag on inventory, excepting the key or classic cover issues, which brings to mind a question. What are the top ten most coveted Fawcet issue?

well, consider that these were the highest selling comics of thier time, moreso than Superman, Batman, and all the rest, so the supply is out there, especially on the core Capt. Marvel titles. The characters just don't have any long lasting appeal or popularity, no movies, no cartoons, no monthly comic books (I know there have been some, but never long lasting).

So basically, lots of supply, little demand.

The exceptions are some of the WW2 era ones, but anything WW2 commands some level of popularity.

What is your opinion of Jerry Wiests opinion of the 100 most important comicbooks as is stated in his book....I dont agree with the order in alot of cases but listing Detective 27 as like the 25th most important comicbook appears to me at least to be out of line and why is Tec 38 ahead of Tec 27 in the order?

What is your opinion of Jerry Wiests opinion of the 100 most important comicbooks as is stated in his book....I dont agree with the order in alot of cases but listing Detective 27 as like the 25th most important comicbook appears to me at least to be out of line and why is Tec 38 ahead of Tec 27 in the order?

Really? That doesn't make any sense. What are in his top 10?

Really? That doesn't make any sense. What are in his top 10?

Off the top of my head THE TOP 5

1..Action 1

2..Funnies on parade

3...Superman 1

4..Famous funnies # 1

5..Marvel # 1

I don't care what anybody says, this is the definition of "funny-book"...

whiz3.jpg

the cover is crummy, but the "bill parker story" has me agreeing with you.

That cover is a big deal because Cap couldn't fly at the time, so seeing a guy on a plane wing must have been pretty shocking.