• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vampire tales #8 grossly under valued!

9 posts in this topic

I am in shock and disbelief on how blade the vampire slayers first solo story in Vampire tales #8 guides for LESS than Vampire tales #1 in the O-street guide??? Look at what Tomb of dracula #1 guides for compared to Tomb of dracula #10 in the O-street price guide price(smile). TOD #10 should guide for much more than TOD #1 in that series and rightfully does.

VT #8 is grossly undervalued I feel and beyond difficult to find in CGC 9.6 or better. Marvel magazines of the early 70s are many times more difficult to find in investment grade 9.6 and 9.8 than their marvel comic book counterparts of the early 70s, but guide prices sure do not refect it------how sad that truely is.

yeah, but finding people who care is another matter. I love Marvel horror mags, but MANY collectors won't venture outside of a traditional "Comic Book" size so the demand isn't there to back it up.

Agreed. (thumbs u

yeah, but finding people who care is another matter. I love Marvel horror mags, but MANY collectors won't venture outside of a traditional "Comic Book" size so the demand isn't there to back it up.

Lets hope that changes at some point, but for now I will continue to hunt the Mags in high grade while they are underapreciated and still cheap!

Lets hope that changes at some point, but for now I will continue to hunt the Mags in high grade while they are underapreciated and still cheap!

Same here!

We're already starting to see Vampirella's climb and in a year or two Vampi #1 will finally hit the $1000 mark.

In the WTB section of these boards alone, two different people are wanting a Vampi #1

I'll just keep buying magazines as fast as I can find them in high grade

I am in shock and disbelief on how blade the vampire slayers first solo story in Vampire tales #8 guides for LESS than Vampire tales #1 in the O-street guide??? Look at what Tomb of dracula #1 guides for compared to Tomb of dracula #10 in the O-street price guide price(smile). TOD #10 should guide for much more than TOD #1 in that series and rightfully does.

VT #8 is grossly undervalued I feel and beyond difficult to find in CGC 9.6 or better. Marvel magazines of the early 70s are many times more difficult to find in investment grade 9.6 and 9.8 than their marvel comic book counterparts of the early 70s, but guide prices sure do not refect it------how sad that truely is.

Hey bill999, I agree to a certain extent. Blade's first Solo Story makes a nice key issue. If you really look at it though Blade's first appearance in the TOD was around July 1973. His first solo story in Vampire Tales didn't happen for about 1.5 years later at December 1974. I would say that there were about 5-6 blade appearances from his first to the 1st solo story in VT. His origin was stated in TOD #13 and according to an older OSPG that issue guided at $70 (almost half that of TOD #10 at $150 in 9.2).

The same guide has VT#8 guided at $38 in 9.2. I would probably say VT#8 should be closer to $50. Where it should be in that proportion to TOS #13 based of of it's current "value".

Though, given the choice, I would take a NM 9.6 VT #1 any day over a VT#8. VT#1 has been traditionally a VERY HARD book to get in HG. A majority of the issues I have seen have a chip missing from the Middle bottom of the front cover due to the production process.

Looking at census data:

VT# 8

9.8 - 1

9.6 - 1

9.4 - 3

9.2 - 1

9.0 - 1

VT# 1

9.8 - 0

9.6 - 1

9.4 - 2

9.2 - 2

9.0 - 3

Shows that VT#8 has more high graded copies, even though VT#1 should be bringing in more submissions due to it's higher value. Point being, I guarantee you there are a lot less VT#1's in HG than VT#8's. I doubt OSPG values VT#1 by this HTF in HG tag that I'm giving it, but it definitely exists.

Either way I agree, VT#8 is undervalued...as are 70% of most 70's comic magazines. That's one reason why I love them.

-bounty

Its still Amazing is it not that Tales of The Zombie #1 after all this time STILL has YET to yield EVEN one 9.6 graded copy on the CGC census. The magazines best is ONLY 9.4. What would a CGC 9.8 copy fetch at auction I wonder? 2K possibly?

Come on folks send in your best TOTZ #1s and lets see if a 9.6 can be had?(smile)