• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official "Free For All" Rant Thread

80 posts in this topic

I am tired of Ebay Grading I cant hardly take it I study there perfect 100 percent feedback and it has all positives about grading nearly 200 over when I bought! Books that I bought from this Seller all books NM-M Special Marvel Edition 16 Master of Kung Fu Looking as never having been read unbelievable shape is his description of all of them this luckily was the nicest of the 5 books that I received which is 9.0 at best probaly 8.5 what a disappointment not even backed with a backboard just in a bag If that seller would have been in my truck I would have reached for my 41 mag and said this bullet in this chamber is in 9.8 and when it gets done hitting whatever it hits is going to be in 1.0 which this book is in better shape than that shot bullet but at least when I looked at it is was in 9.8 condition strictly graded in the chamber to begin with better than your 9.8 description!The other 4 books probably 8.0 7.5 this makes me sick and you know what I will leave the guy a positive why look like the @SS on his Feedback.I know I dont have to leave him anything and he already posted me feedback.But it will be truthful. I know, I know better, it is just I studied his feedback so closely and he gave some okay scans of the books and his communication was great and he seemed legit! Ill be honest here I wasnt expecting true NM-M but I was definitely hoping for 9.2 /9.4 books I really hate buying sometimes Thanks for this thread I really needed to get this out of my system!

I really need to go Hunting soon dont I sign-rantpost.gif!!!

Davidking623 sign-rantpost.gif893frustrated.gif

This is sign-offtopic.gif

It happened a few months ago, but I'm still angry about it;

I took a friend out to dinner for her birthday. In the restaraunt, there was a couple arguing. Actually, it was kind of a one-sided argument that consisted of the guy barking at his girlfriend. Literally, there would be an outburst by him every 2 minutes. It really irritaded me because it's obvious that as bad as this was, he must be much worse in private. Coincidentally, they ended up leaving at the same time we did. My friend was making a call on here cell phone, and as I stood around waiting, I watched as this guy was yelling at his girlfriend all the way to the car. Finally, it seems that she'd had enough, and began walking away from him, obviously angry. As she's leaving, he grabs here arm and throws here violently towards the car. I snapped, and headed towards him. We exchanged a few words, and I ended up hitting him. I realize it wasn't the smartest or most constructive thing to do, but I was pissed. He then starting swearing at me at the top of his lungs, but it was becomming obvious he wasn't going to fight me. Just then, his girlfriends stands up(she was on the gorund), comes right up to me, and slaps me across the face, calling me an A-hole.

He threw here hard to the ground, almost causing her head to slam into the rear bumper of his car. That's enough as far as I'm concerned, and I'm sure he's hit her plenty of times.

Either she was just putting on a show so that her BF wouldn't pummel her later, or she just accepts the Abuse. Either way, it's sad.

yep, he might tell you that he loves you, but does he tell you that when he's pummeling you? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifforeheadslap.gif 99.9% of females are fooked in the head anyways. confused-smiley-013.giffrown.gifconfused.gif

I agree. When it comes to relationships, most women(particularly young women) are extremely naive, and just plain stupid. All women say that if a guy physically or mentally abused them just once, they would leave. But then they're faced with the situation, and suddently it's different in their case. There's always an excuse.

Whatever. Either way, I don't regret it. It felt good to smash his cheek bone, and I enjoyed watching him bleed. devil.gif

He threw here hard to the ground, almost causing her head to slam into the rear bumper of his car. That's enough as far as I'm concerned, and I'm sure he's hit her plenty of times.

Either she was just putting on a show so that her BF wouldn't pummel her later, or she just accepts the Abuse. Either way, it's sad.

Tough Situation to look at I agree but wow the part of his girlfriend calling you a A hole.Makes me think she has a total lack of respect for herself probaly caused by this [!@#%^&^] and You know what Andrew he probaly couldnt hold his own in a regular fight as he has lost total respect for himself as a person!

Davidking623

Tough Situation to look at I agree but wow the part of his girlfriend calling you a A hole.Makes me think she has a total lack of respect for herself probaly caused by this [!@#%^&^] and You know what Andrew he probaly couldnt hold his own in a regular fight as he has lost total respect for himself as a person!

Davidking623

No doubt about it. I see these kinds of guys in my line of work all the time, and they're usually cowards. They enjoy the power, but won't fight someone who could actually present a challenge. Guys who abuse women, verbally, physically, or psychologically, are the lowest form of life, just a notch above child molesters and rapists.

Well, maybe your little lesson made him rethink his actions. Hopefully, for her sake. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

But what about this? Did you actually hear what they were fighting about? What if she had just told him she has been sleeping with his brother for months? 893whatthe.gif That would be a pretty one-sided "arguement", don't you think?

I agree though, he shouldn't have thrown her down in any case.

Chris

AK, don't let what she did bug you. You did the RIGHT thing. She obviously has problems and her reaction to your hitting him in no way reflects that what you did was inappropriate. Unfortunately doing the right thing doesn't always mean you get the deserved credit or thanks but at least you can sleep better at night.

I wasn't listening in on the conversation, but from what I could catch, it wasn't a specific argument or discussion. But at the time, I was trying to talk to my date/friend because it was her birthday, and she had been depressed about some things, and I was trying to show her a good time. So basically, I was ignoring the conversation. But I did hear him laugh out loud a few times, so he obviously wasn't upset about anything. He's just an arse.

Either way, the minute you lay your hands violently on a woman, you deserve to get hit. If it was the first time he's ever been violent with her, he can consider that a lesson.

Absolutely. As I said, no reason for him to throw her down. And, chances are, he'd done it before. So, you did the right thing confronting him. It sucks that she didn't appreciate what you id for her. But, she was behaving as a typical abuse victim. If she leaves him, she'll end up with someone similar. It's a nasty cycle that goes on and on.

Chris

Thanks Chris.

One of the things that bothers me about our society is that we're conditioned to just put our heads down, and ignore the strangers around us, particularly with violent or dangerous situations.

I remember hearing a news story where an ex boyfriend of a young woman had broke into her house, tried attacking her with a 2X4. She ran for help, and made it outside to the front lawn before her attacker caught up. By then, she was screaming so loud that all her neighbors heard, and many were looking though windows and some even stepped outside. With everyone watching, the man beat her to death with the piece of wood. Not one person did anything to try and stop it, and by the time the police got there, the man was long gone and the woman's body was probably already cold. She was very young too.

Now, I understand that there are situations that are too dangerous and should be avoided. But this guy was using a 2X4, not a gun. 2 men rushing him could easily have disarmed the attacker.

I've also had a personal experience were someone close to me was brutally raped. She was 15 at the time, and is now unable to lead a 100% normal life. She won't be able to ever have children, and lives in constant fear. And the fact is, it happened dowtown, in public, and could have been stopped. She's the whole reason I work in private security, and teach self-defense classes.

So do I regret my actions? No I don't. I wasn't doing it for gratitude, and the fact that she's too stupid to see how pathetic it is to slap someone trying to help, just makes me feel sorry for her.