• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Red Hook Banned....

273 posts in this topic

The moderators around here have serious issues. I suggest they seek counseling.

:screwy:

That may be true, Brian, but you've gotta agree that the last 'stunt' by Brad was a doozie & didn't reflect well on the boards as a whole...

Doesn't make any sense. Last I heard it was a 2 week suspension
He thought it was 30 days

Red Hook - A strike for getting the boards involved in this garbage. He should know better. And I'm seriously thinking about just wrapping this up in a ban as well. The pattern here is both trying and not a benefit to the boards. This is strike 3 within one year, meaning a one month suspension, but strike 4 over all. It's not hard to figure out that part of the willingness to do this is a calculation of strike expirations, likelihood of getting a strike, etc.. I'm sure part of the calculations here include whether it's "worth a strike". Disingenuous.

:eek:

That may be true, Brian, but you've gotta agree that the last 'stunt' by Brad was a doozie & didn't reflect well on the boards as a whole...

Yea, before you know it they'll be banning people for outing scammers........oh wait, they already did.......

Really?
He sent me an email, and he also posted about it at comics corral, so this reporting is coming straight from him.

I sure hope that isn't true that he's banned. Sure he might have got carried

away and admits he goes off the deep end over Green Rivers. I don't

believe him when he said he would do it again and I think he was trying to

prove a point and sure he crossed some boundries and I'm sure he regrets

his decision making.

I think he's done more good for the hobby than this whole Green River

war affair.

I know his informative input to the boards will be missed if this is true and

I think that's sad. :(

Really?
He sent me an email, and he also posted about it at comics corral, so this reporting is coming straight from him.

I sure hope that isn't true that he's banned. Sure he might have got carried

away and admits he goes off the deep end over Green Rivers. I don't

believe him when he said he would do it again and I think he was trying to

prove a point and sure he crossed some boundries and I'm sure he regrets

his decision making.

I think he's done more good for the hobby than this whole Green River

war affair.

I know his informative input to the boards will be missed if this is true and

I think that's sad. :(

Today is day 31 right?

He couldn't log in today?

Maybe it's only day 30 as the ban went down on 3-9 but maybe it wasn't counting until the 10th, the first full day of the ban.

Well granted I am not as well known as Red Hook but when I was given a strike, the first of which is only supposed to be two weeks, it turned into three or four weeks. Lazy Boy had to PM Architect on my behalf to find out what was up and I got reinstated that day. So it could be very well that it has just slipped the minds of the Mods and this thread will remind them.

Then again .....

Dont get yourself banned :makepoint::foryou:

I only have two strikes, and they are well over a year apart. I think the first one is so old that it was before there was a forum for the strikes/suspensions/bannings.

So, I'm working on #2 (in one year) so I can flame out in style for #3. (thumbs u

Yeah, I think we're jumping the gun here. He'll be back before we know it.

Well, my recent suspension was up exactly 168 hours (7 days) after it started. That tells be it's an automated process. My money is on a typical moderator over reaction equaling a ban.

Man , everyone's getting canned !!....Maybe they should start thier own forum of misfits ?......................BH.... (shrug)

At this rate it would be one of the most informative forums on the web.

Arch, if you've simply forgotten to lift the suspension, would you be so good to do so now?

If, however, this is a ban, could you please reconsider. I mean seriously reconsider. PITA he might occasionally be, but he's our PITA and has done an untold amount of good for many, many collectors. His positive activity probably outweighs what ten ordinary collectors can hope to achieve. (thumbs u

Oh, yeah, and believe it or not...he's one of the good guys.

Yeah, I think we're jumping the gun here. He'll be back before we know it.
I hesitated a whole hour before mentioning it.

That's like an eon over here. :gossip:

Oh, yeah, and believe it or not...he's one of the good guys.

Although he did give us Ze-Man :sumo:

:baiting: Hi Kenny :hi: