• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Red Hook Banned....

273 posts in this topic

Judging by some of the reactions, if I did not know any better I would think he really did pass away.

This thread is a living eulogy of sorts...and in terms of this board...he really has passed on. :(

Those that weren't here during his more shining moments won't understand.

Judging by some of the reactions, if I did not know any better I would think he really did pass away.

This thread is a living eulogy of sorts...and in terms of this board...he really has passed on. :(

Those that weren't here during his more shining moments won't understand.

Fair enough.

By the way, I have been here longer than Red Hook was. I have seen most of his shining moments, which should be remembered. But in a rush to praise and memorialize lets not pretend the dull and tarnished moments did not happen.

I think this was poor judgement on the moderators. I thought Arch might have at least replied to my PM. Brad is a nice guy, and I will look forward to spending time with him and his wife this summer.

Yes it is

since you are now in the business of pressing books, don't you think you could be accused of being self-serving too? Now that you're (theoretically) going to be profiting from the practice? Your position changed 180 degrees on the issues once you decided on restoration as a career path. Not judging, just pointing it out.

The other thing is....I am totally convinced that pressing books is not a secret art. Why not show us how you do it exactly? With photos. You used to show us lots of demos about how you played around with books. If you really are trying to convince people that pressing with heat and moisture is harmless.....well....show us. I do not think this is a state secret.

And please don't use the excuse that you signed some kind of non-disclosure. Talk to ....it might be the right time to just do a simple demonstration to prove your point. Help bring the debate to an end, by showing us what's involved.

You are the guys that are treating it like some kind of DARK ART. It's not. And frankly, I don't think it takes that much skill. Once you have the setup in your basement, I can't believe it's that difficult.

One other question: Have you personally practiced disassembly pressing? I assume you must. One last thing. When are you going to show examples of your work? I find it odd that you have been presenting yourself as an expert over the last six months and yet, not a single example of your work has been produced.

Note to the moderators: This is not trolling. This is an honest inquiry.

A quote from RH.....

'Troop -

Just to be clear. and it is funny to even think of him running a press on a comic book. is who has studied a little with . From your posts, it looks like you may be confused. I know i am. But I like and both and want to make sure you are talking to the right guy.

--S.

That was not my intent when posting that....

Greggy was banned?
It was a mistaken identity thing.

lollollol

Oh man, that made my day.

I worded it oddly so as to not give too much away. :headbang:

Greggy was banned?

lollollol

Why not tell them how greggy called Steve B personally, bawling in the phone. :insane:

Greggy was banned?

lollollol

Why not tell them how greggy called Steve B personally, bawling in the phone. :insane:

:roflmao:^^