• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Walking Dead

14 posts in this topic

Obviously nothing is available yet from fall 08 since we are in spring and Adlard has yet to get that far. Once the issue comes out, the interiors become available. Plenty of great Adlard stuff on the site at the moment, check it out.

What's up with this new text and placeholder image for all the Issue 48 pages: "Images from Issue 48 will not be shown publicly on the internet until June 1st as a courtesy to Robert Kirkman."??

The images were on the site last week and all the really expensive spoilery pages have already sold (shrug)

-Bob

What's up with this new text and placeholder image for all the Issue 48 pages: "Images from Issue 48 will not be shown publicly on the internet until June 1st as a courtesy to Robert Kirkman."??

The images were on the site last week and all the really expensive spoilery pages have already sold (shrug)

-Bob

Kirkman wanted the pages taken down until he gets to a certain point in the story I guess.

It's fine with me, :banana: I got the page I wanted most. ^^

C

-Bob

Kirkman wanted the pages taken down until he gets to a certain point in the story I guess.

C

Chris, did you get the Lori/Judith splash? Or maybe it was the Guv being offed? Those were the two I was after (Even though the prices were high) and they were snatched up EARLY!

--Steve :popcorn:

-Bob

C

Ah, makes sense... I did "read" the OA before at work before reading the book at home and I could see Kirkman not wanting people to read the book that way. But man, that was a great way to read it!

Thanks for the info (thumbs u

-Bob

thanks for the link, but after further review, the asking prices are not fair and the covers

don't have much detail, for example not even a header.

The "Header" or Title is not artwork, it's a photocopy. Once in a blue moon you will see someone hand letter a cover, but it almost never happens on a book from a major publisher. They want continuity and consistency in the look of the title and logos. They are trademarked property and the more uniform they look the easier they are to be known to the public and thus the more marketable.

So you should never allow the fact that a cover is missing a photocopy of a title dissuade you from buying. It's nothing that a free version of photoshop and a $1 sheet of mylar can't fix.

And in terms of prices being "fair" each artist has their own market. You will find some Adlard pages are more than others depending on content, but they are all (for example) dramatically less costly than Tony Moore pages from the same title earlier in the run.

The prices on the pages for issue #48 were even higher than what you see on the other issues and they sold out within seconds. Usually, resistance or agreement of the buying public will tell you if prices are "unfair" or in line with consumer expectations.

Hope this helps,

Chris

thanks Chris for the insight. I guess being a novice and seeing all the headers and detail

going into the SA and Bronze covers, I expected the same. Overall IMO, it seems that this

series does cut corners. But maybe I'm wrong.

Add the fact that all of the current pages by Adlard are "mini" pages, and it gets even worse...........

Chris, did you get the Lori/Judith splash? Or maybe it was the Guv being offed? Those were the two I was after (Even though the prices were high) and they were snatched up EARLY!

hm Yep I got one of those.

C

hm Yep I got one of those.

C

Good for you Chris, that's awesome!!! (worship)