• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We talked about the X-men 99 cover, now how about this?

55 posts in this topic

Glad Cockrum reversed the position of the new X-men compared to the X-men #100 front cover. Wolverine is more prominent in the splash compared to Colossus.

Since the X-men 99 cover has been estimated at $40-45k, what would you estimate the hammer price of the #100 splash?

This is a great piece, almost iconic to the Marvel Bronze Age (despite not being a cover).

I may give this piece a run, but really think I can't afford it. :cry: A CAF member had it listed at $20,000 with no takers for a while, but now that it's up in competition I might see that number being hit.

My guess? $14-16k.

Whew.

Dan

Sounds about right on the splash Dan. I see the cover going pretty high though; possibly higher than the median estimates. I mean I don't think I've seen a first run cockrum xmen cover for sale this publically in maybe 15 years... or ever. I'll hopefully be bidding, but realistically think someone will be able to top me. Just glad I pulled the trigger a couple years ago on the xmen 107 cover! DF

I think the low offer is more a symptom of it having been out there for awhile. Potential buyers are likely scared that they wouldn't be able to resell it for the same price if they were to buy it. There's also not that same sense of urgency to buy. People feel that even if it does sell, it will likely pop up again at some point down the line.

I think it's a great piece and over time, it would gain value. Other X-Men splashes have suffered from a similar fate of being "over shopped" like the #106, 110, and 120.

Mainly, it's just a mentality that if no one else is willing to snap a piece up at a certain price right away, it must be over-priced.

I agree. I'd rather have a real x-men 1 page for 1/4 of the price. I guess he must be thinking that with all the af15 art being donated this recreation will be as good as it gets for someone wanting a page from that issue.