• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mile High's New Ad.....

21 posts in this topic

Latest CBG has ad for MH w/ customer testemonies!!!! A new approach for Chuckie! Let's see what customers are saying.....

George says, "Your sales have a strange jedi-like hypnotic power over me..."

John is even more convincing, "Thanks for helping me fill some gaps in my collection with high quality books at great prices."

"Hi. This is an email to thank you for the excellent service this year. Your quality service and cindition of the books is second to none", writes Gary.

But my personal favorite has to be by David from the UK, "Hi. Just a short note to say I'll be buying Submariner back issues from you from now on. I was bidding for Subby #5 from eBay and it went for $91!!!!!! You are now without question the best value on the net." 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Great stuff! And I haven't even gotten to Tales from the Database yet!!!

Chris

He certainly must be aware of this forum. He's sent enough books to CGC. I'd like for him to come on, although I understand why he never would. Many of us would attack the hell out of him. But, then he could also tell us more "Tales form the Databases".... cloud9.gif

Chris

Latest CBG has ad for MH w/ customer testemonies!!!! A new approach for Chuckie! Let's see what customers are saying.....

George says, "Your sales have a strange jedi-like hypnotic power over me..."

John is even more convincing, "Thanks for helping me fill some gaps in my collection with high quality books at great prices."

"Hi. This is an email to thank you for the excellent service this year. Your quality service and cindition of the books is second to none", writes Gary.

But my personal favorite has to be by David from the UK, "Hi. Just a short note to say I'll be buying Submariner back issues from you from now on. I was bidding for Subby #5 from eBay and it went for $91!!!!!! You are now without question the best value on the net." 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Great stuff! And I haven't even gotten to Tales from the Database yet!!!

Chris

You left out this one:

"Wow!!, What an overgraded book!. I heard that you would send me books with damage but this was more than I expected! From now on I plan to buy ALL my overpriced, overgraded books from you!"

Bill in Bellevue(institution), not Washington.

He certainly must be aware of this forum. He's sent enough books to CGC. I'd like for him to come on, although I understand why he never would.

Actually, it should be pretty obvious that Chuck is already on here...

He certainly must be aware of this forum. He's sent enough books to CGC. I'd like for him to come on, although I understand why he never would.

Actually, it should be pretty obvious that Chuck is already on here...

If that is the case then he is a bad business man, a scam artist, and a coward. Nearly every member of this forum is in the upper echelon of collecting - a huge financial base whose opinions are being ignored if he is here. Time and time again there is a story of someone who made a mistake of buying from this company. It really would not matter what he charged for his comics if he backed up it up with proper grading. At least with other crazy priced companies like Harley, you know that the grading is accurate and everything is on the up and up. The fact is whoever he has grading for him is pathetic and I am sure he knows it. It is no different then stealing from people when his company knowingly sells over graded comics for a premium.

If that is the case then he is a bad business man, a scam artist, and a coward. Nearly every member of this forum is in the upper echelon of collecting - a huge financial base whose opinions are being ignored if he is here. Time and time again there is a story of someone who made a mistake of buying from this company. It really would not matter what he charged for his comics if he backed up it up with proper grading. At least with other crazy priced companies like Harley, you know that the grading is accurate and everything is on the up and up. The fact is whoever he has grading for him is pathetic and I am sure he knows it. It is no different then stealing from people when his company knowingly sells over graded comics for a premium.

What do you expect him to do? Come on here and defend himself? He's already said that comic collectors who scrutinize every flaw in a comic are not the clientele he's targeting. If that is indeed the case, then what does he have to gain from making his presence known here? I really don't believe he cares what people here have to say to him directly as long as he can get other collectors who might not care as deeply about condition to buy from MH. I'd say it'll be bad business for him to try and defend himself publicly. Obviously, his business plan is working and making a good living for himself without confronting his detractors.....

Jim

What do you expect him to do? Come on here and defend himself? He's already said that comic collectors who scrutinize every flaw in a comic are not the clientele he's targeting. If that is indeed the case, then what does he have to gain from making his presence known here? I really don't believe he cares what people here have to say to him directly as long as he can get other collectors who might not care as deeply about condition to buy from MH. I'd say it'll be bad business for him to try and defend himself publicly. Obviously, his business plan is working and making a good living for himself without confronting his distractors.....

Jim

thumbsup2.gif

Obviously, his business plan is working and making a good living for himself without confronting his detractors.....

Exactly. Chuck doesn't want our business, as it would just add to his customer service woes. As one forum member reported, the MH rep told him that it would be better if he took his business elsewhere.

I also remember Scottish buying NM (even seom Moderns) from Chuckles and then getting back 6.0-7.0 from CGC. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

At least with other crazy priced companies like Harley, you know that the grading is accurate and everything is on the up and up.

I don't know about that,...I wouldn't buy anything ungraded from Harley Yee,...he over-grades as much if not more than most...

J.D.

What do you expect him to do? Come on here and defend himself? He's already said that comic collectors who scrutinize every flaw in a comic are not the clientele he's targeting. If that is indeed the case, then what does he have to gain from making his presence known here? I really don't believe he cares what people here have to say to him directly as long as he can get other collectors who might not care as deeply about condition to buy from MH. I'd say it'll be bad business for him to try and defend himself publicly. Obviously, his business plan is working and making a good living for himself without confronting his detractors.....

Jim

What do you think he considers scrutinizing every flaw? We are talking about a difference of something that is listed as near mint but is a fine minus. If that does not bother him , I have a ton of "mile high equivalent" graded near mints that I would be happy to sell him at twice guide so he can put it for 10 times guide on his site. If he advertises something as near mint then it should be near mint or at least close. For god's sake, I ordered a ASM 49 in near mint that had a moisture ring that was so bad that you could make out the lines and lettering of the bottom of Coke bottle it came from. Chuck repeatedly has whined over the years that he has a bad reputation and cannot understand why people do not like him - take a look at his articles in CBG or on this board. For someone who you claim does not care what people think about him, he certainly has cried about it. What he would gain by coming here would be to come clean and try to make some changes. How much business do you think he would gain if he started to actually grade properly? Quite a bit. To continue to grow his business ( and I would not be surprised if his business has declined the past few years) he will have to address the companies short comings.

If his customer base is the lower common denominator of collectors then why even bother stocking high grade material or cgc'd books. I'd venture to say that I spend more on comics in one year then his average customer has in their collecting lifetimes. If he gained 100 customers like myself ( that is probably less then a 1/10 of a percent of his total customers) his bottom line could increase significantly as well as positive free advertisement on boards like this. Case in point, I routinely buy on average about $2500 from Showcase per year and that is a low percentage of my total expenditures. Granted, not a million dollars but 100 times that is $250,000 of high margin comics that he does not get every year.

He specifically states on his web site "I'm very proud that I've become one of the leaders in the world of comics.

If he claims to be one of the leaders in the world of comics then he should start acting like one. Practice what you preach.

It is never bad business to defend ones self or even admit there is a problem. If he stuck to the basic business model of consistently offering a quality, in demand product at fair price and with good customer service; then his business would be even larger then it is now.

By the way, I offer him some free advertising for the lower end collector he caters to :

X-men 45 CGC 9.6 only $3456. But act now - until midnight tonight you can have this comic for the very low sale price of $2073.60. Act now before the sale is over!!