• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what title did you read regularly and are now embarassed to admit it?

54 posts in this topic

OK, confession time. What is the worst title you used to read regularly in the past, and are now embarassed to admit you were a regular reader of the title (not counting cartoon comics you read as a young child).

I will get the ball rolling.

I used to own a complete set of POWER PACK and read all of them. :blush:

What was I thinking? :screwy:

To make matters worse, I "invested" in multiple copies of a few issues.

Eh nothing really if I enjoyed it at the time then I am happy with it how ever I will say this ... I am more embarrassed at some of the cash I spent on some of the stuff at the time ....

like say generation x or xman or wildcats I paid close to cover price if not a bit more on all those series from local comic shops :S

Well before I started going to the fleamarkets and finding stuff like this for .50 cents or $1... Even well before I had internet connection to know any better :S Sure couldn't find or get deals on local BBSS back then doh!

That would be ROM.

Rom-1.jpg

Sacrilege!

I love ROM!

Just look at that cover you posted!

If I had enough money to buy any 1 cover by Frank Miller, it would be *that* one.

This was the first comic that I ever had a bunch of issues for. I absolutely freakin loved it and not ashamed to admit it!

That would be ROM.

Rom-1.jpg

That was my second choice.

I got talked into buying a half dozen Howard the Duck by a dealer as a good investment when I was a kid and the lesson I now know is that dealers know one thing and tell you the opposite because its good business for THEM :mad: