• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF 15 PLOD being sold as unrestored

73 posts in this topic

I think it is funny that they know so little about comics that they just lift any scan of an AF 15 and say it is unrestored without knowing the purple label means something. I guess they lifted such small scans they couldn't read the restored part.

I think it is funny that they know so little about comics that they just lift any scan of an AF 15 and say it is unrestored without knowing the purple label means something. I guess they lifted such small scans they couldn't read the restored part.

Ya, ask for a larger pic or scan...see if they can come up with that...???

AH! A quick response:

"Actually, the person that sold the book to me told me that it was unrestored, I was just going off of what I was told. Ever hear of a mistake, this is like the 4th email that I've gotten claiming to be a scam. I have sent out numerous emails with a picture showing proof. Report me, it will just be a waste of time. I am new to ebay, everyone has 0 feedback at some point, sorry if I am selling valuable things with 0 feedback. Thank's for being so "nice"

- the_almighty_goins"

I have a hard time buying this considering THE SLAB STATES IT HAS RESTORATION!!! doh!

Dope.

And I hardly see my initial message as being rude:

"The label on that AF 15 CLEARLY indicates there is restoration

present. I know this because you are showing a picture of a

PURPLE label which CGC uses only for those comics which have

restoration. Since you are claiming there is no restoration

present, and have no background on eBay (considering the 0

feedback rating), I can only assume you are attempting to scam

other buyers.

Expect to hear back from eBay as I have reported this listing as a

fraud."

Ya, ask for a larger pic or scan...see if they can come up with that...???

Yeah, see if they can produce a back cover scan along with it.

My response to the dough boy (yes, I have a little free time before I head out to go work on editing a paper):

"I have heard of mistakes, but the problem with your statement is that I OWN slabbed comics from CGC and I know firsthand that if you actually owned this comic and read the label, you would see it explicitly states there is restoration. I have no problem with new members- we all start somewhere. However, we don't all start out trying to take deceive others. If you've already been notified of the error and aren't trying to scam others, why haven't you already posted a correction to your clearly erroneous listing? A little transparency would go a LONG way. "

my response from this dweeb

Yes, I realize that. The person that I got it from said that it was unrestored, but I know now that it is. It has moderate restoration.

My response to the dweeb

That's great that YOU now know...How about letting your bidders know up front?

After all all you would have to do is read the label.

His second response to me,

"Look assclown, I said I made a mistake, I'm sorry that I wasn't able to correct the description IN YOUR TIME FRAME, TO MAKE IT SUITABLE FOR YOU! I will do it when I get it to it, in the mean time when someone asks I will tell them. I have owned the comic for like 2 days now, I got a good deal on it and a few other comics, so I decided to ell them. If you don't like that I messed up DON'T BID!!!!"

It seems, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, that I am an assclown. lol

"Look assclown, I said I made a mistake, I'm sorry that I wasn't able to correct the description IN YOUR TIME FRAME, TO MAKE IT SUITABLE FOR YOU! I will do it when I get it to it, in the mean time when someone asks I will tell them. I have owned the comic for like 2 days now, I got a good deal on it and a few other comics, so I decided to ell them. If you don't like that I messed up DON'T BID!!!!"

assclown :baiting:

:P

:roflmao:

He has added a correction,that it has restoration.

Yeah... took him long enough. I'm normally pretty cool with people making mistakes, but to say you didn't know when it's RIGHT ON THE SLAB? C'mon, show a little respect to your audience. :makepoint:

Eide claims the seller is DD :gossip::screwy:

He has lost his mind over this Tec 27 situation hm

I don't think even Dupcak would list a slabbed PLOD as unrestored :shrug: