• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's Has Captain America #1 ...

5 posts in this topic

... or a reprint to help a perhaps failing memory.

A little background: I remember reading in a thread earlier this year about Captain America's origin and his superior strength. In Tales to Astonish #63, Cap's origin is retold and he gains strength and courage. I am now reading Avengers #23 and in it Kang the Conqueror says that Captain America has no super powers.

Now, I don't remember where, but my memory of the Golden Age Captain America's origin is that he gained super strength and super intelligence.

Is this bad memory or have successive Captain America origins diminished his abilities?

The way I remember it, the Super Soldier Serum increased the strength and physical prowess of scrawny little Steve Rogers to the maximum human potential. So it did increase his strength, but he's not super-human. This is going by the Silver age version of his origin though. I haven't heard anything about his intelligence being increased, though perhaps in a "quick-thinking, instant reflexes" kind of way... he's no Reed Richards.

he's no Reed Richards.

Yeah, but Reed Richards can make a time machine out of a toaster and and some spare vaccuum cleaner parts in under five minutes , so that's not really fair.