• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POLL - PGM FF #13 - the worst "Sid's" book ever??

FF # 13  

81 members have voted

1. 1. FF # 13

8 posts in this topic

Here's probably the worst Sid's book ever. interesting because the 11 was a 9.4, the 12 is probably a 5.5, the 14 an 8.5 and the 15 a 9.2. can't quite recall why/how i abused this copy, but it is what it is. please choose your grade.................

javits034.jpg

javits035.jpg

It may have been abused but the sharp colors and nice PQ still shine through.I would say 1.5.I remember you once said the 13 wasn't your favorite....my theory is that you left it unattended and a cousin or neighbor got there mits on it.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Harry, this book is NOTORIOUSLY hard to find in hi grade. When my #13 was graded a 9.0 and I asked for the notes the grader I spoke to actually said "wow" and how impresssed he was to see my book in such nice shape. I don't know what it is about that issue (and #12) but they are impossible books in hi grade, hence the multiples of guide. I think #12's in 9.4 have been changing hands inthe $20,000 - $25,000 range for some time now. I also think i remember hearing of a 9.2 #13 fetch in the low teens recently.

I can't see the scan but your book and story does add to the legend that for some reason this book is just not available in grade. Must have been a hot book to read back in the day with the FF being on the moon (in the early 60's), Intro of Red Ghost and Watcher etc.

R.

Yeah a VERY tough book! #11 & 13 are prety tough ones. And even #10 suffers from tanning a lot... The #13 I'm getting is an 8.5 and I feel VERY fortunate to have found that one in that grade :banana:

#12's are easier to find than this book

I gave it a 1.5 along with JimJum12

nice colors, but that's a large piece missing from the front and there's a piece out of the back and a big ol' piece of tape that's probably turning kinda gooey.

I guess it could be a 1.8, but I wouldn't see CGC grading it any higher.

Sub it for fun.