• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

my heart stopped

15 posts in this topic

Awesome! Suit, that is. :kidaround: Any idea when this pic was taken?

In a recent issue of the CFA-APA, a contributor included a picture he took from 1987 at SD Comic Con. It was of Frank Miller's dealer's table.

Quite a sight.

:cry:

Thats got to be the holy grail for EC collectors

It's certainly up there with the best of them . . . but there are other covers that I, personally, prefer.

Regarding this infamous CRIME SUSPENSE cover . . . I seem to remember the owner telling me that, as originally drawn, the head could clearly be seen as severed. Before going to print, it was decided to alter the art (self-censor)..

I was perusing photos on a blog when this one knocked the wind right out of me! Some piece of art on the wall there... meh

I asked a collector friend about the photo. Here's an edited version of his reply:

This photo was taken last September at the OAF (Oklahoma Alliance of Fandom) Reunion Convention in Oklahoma City. .

The collectors are Grant Irwin and Bart Bush. Bart is in the yellow suit and is a huge fan of the Tracy strip....that's why the weird clothing.

Terry; it would be helpful to me if you could also forward along their email and telephone #'s.... just kidding..... sort of. ;) Dan

Dan, I didn't know you collected TRACY art . . . or is it a new suit you're interested in?!!! :o

I was perusing photos on a blog when this one knocked the wind right out of me! Some piece of art on the wall there... meh

Funny, first time I checked this thread out, nothing to the right of the yellow suit guy was downloading (unbeknownst to me). I thought about posting along the lines "how can you tell what story that is? What?! I don't see any decap!"

Came back on board later and BOOM! :blush:

Unreal. Simply unreal. (worship)