• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pastimperfek shows true red color recently

42 posts in this topic

Well Matt loses what looks like a big time spending customer over a few hundred dollar slabs what a dummy!

I don't know...sometimes it's better to have peace of mind vs. a troublesome customer...

Jim

People like pastime are strict in their wants but are loyal and have no problem bringing in other like minded customers.

It seems the problem was perhaps undisclosed/hidden ink overspray, why would you not take the books back to keep a big spender happy? Short term gain over a long time loss. :screwy:

He always leaves me good feedback. :headbang:

I have never had a problem with him. If he asks for secure packing, and he pays for it why not give it to him. I would be happy to get half the prices he pays on my sales.

I guess he felt the DS should have been noted.

Well Matt loses what looks like a big time spending customer over a few hundred dollar slabs what a dummy!

I don't know...sometimes it's better to have peace of mind vs. a troublesome customer...

Jim

People like pastime are strict in their wants but are loyal and have no problem bringing in other like minded customers.

It seems the problem was perhaps undisclosed/hidden ink overspray, why would you not take the books back to keep a big spender happy? Short term gain over a long time loss. :screwy:

I got positive FB on my two transactions with him...(just shilling for my own packaging abilities...) :acclaim:

Jim

I have never had a problem with him. If he asks for secure packing, and he pays for it why not give it to him. I would be happy to get half the prices he pays on my sales.

Yeah,he was always good for my business! He hasn't bid on any of my stuff lately though. :(

Jim

He pays fast and expects secured packing so what's the problem? At least he negs people instead of bending over and taking it like others because they're afraid of the retaliatory neg. (shrug)

He pays fast and expects secured packing so what's the problem? At least he negs people instead of bending over and taking it like others because they're afraid of the retaliatory neg. (shrug)

I also respect the fact he has the balls to neg but also have to wonder if all the negs are warranted. He seems to buy primarily slabs. Are they cracked when he gets them? SCS? Or are they a result of what he feels is inadequate packing? If the slab got to him in good order, I'm not sure a neg is warranted because he felt his "orders" weren't followed to the letter.

And as far as spectre52's auctions, I don't see much distro ink in the scans he provided. I assume they're on the back cover. Regardless, I don't see many sellers even mention distro ink unless it excessive or stains the front cover. Zilla's recent raw auctions had minor distro ink on the backs but he didn't lay it out in the description. Does this guy have standards that he expects everyone to know beforehand?

Looking at his history, and what others have said about his demands, I'm not sure he's worth it from a selling perspective. Seems like a lot less heartache by not dealing with him... (shrug)

Jim

I also respect the fact he has the balls to neg but also have to wonder if all the negs are warranted. He seems to buy primarily slabs. Are they cracked when he gets them? SCS? Or are they a result of what he feels is inadequate packing? If the slab got to him in good order, I'm not sure a neg is warranted because he felt his "orders" weren't followed to the letter.

And as far as spectre52's auctions, I don't see much distro ink in the scans he provided. I assume they're on the back cover. Regardless, I don't see many sellers even mention distro ink unless it excessive or stains the front cover. Zilla's recent raw auctions had minor distro ink on the backs but he didn't lay it out in the description. Does this guy have standards that he expects everyone to know beforehand?

Looking at his history, and what others have said about his demands, I'm not sure he's worth it from a selling perspective. Seems like a lot less heartache by not dealing with him...

Jim

I would mention it on a raw book, especially if it was prominent...but I doubt if I would even think about it, let alone mention it, on a CGC book unless the potential buyer asked prior to bid. That is a pretty key aspect of this discussion. Isn't the whole idea about selling CGC books to take out most, if not all, of the variables? Granted, all CGC (given grade) books are not created equal, and most obvious things such as mis-wrap, page quality, similar, might be readily evident in the corresponding scan, but if you want to dig deeper, that would definitely fall on the Buyer's shoulders/responsibility... 2c

What does Pastimperfekt collect?

R.

Um, everything. hm

I'm really curious (not suspicious) about his motives. Receiving/opening and generally keeping track of all those incoming packages would be a full-time job in itself and that's not taking into account the time spent searching and bidding on ebay. I can't even bring myself to scroll through the list of all his purchases in the last 30 days.

I had the same reaction, going through his feedback this afternoon. I'd be completely overwhelmed dealing with that many purchases on a regular basis. Just mindboggling.

I have dealt with him maybe 6-7 different times. The first time or 2 he seemed a little demanding on the packing,but I saw where he was coming from.He was good for business.If he was in the bidding action,usually he paid high or he jacked the prices up high if he got outbid. So with a guy like him,you might pack it alittle bit over the top,but he was worth doing it for.

As a buyer,the first time you deal with a seller,you don't know how that persons packing method is. I know many of us have bought CGC books that,we wondered how in the hell the book survived the BS packing job by the seller. And it IS a pain to have to go through all the channels to get your book into a new holder and back into your hands.

This pastimperfkt is a complete tool...

He refused Insurance on a CAP 133 CGC NM 9.6 and when CAP was "killed" he retracted 2 bids on similar CAP cgc's and got 1 neg with my CAP 133 and a Neutral over another CAP CGC 108( Trapster).

PayPal almost took up for him but I pleaded and jumped up and down and PayPal ate that one for me - I did have a case when pastimperfrkt admitted he did not want to Insure fragile CGC comics...

I don't care how much he spends - I put him on my blocked bidder list

he is there to stay forever

unforgiving CAL

Cal, sounds like you had a really rough ride with this guy. But for arguments sake, you couldn't of dropped the compulsory insurance , if it was at his insistance, it would of been his lookout, no?

He does seem rather heavy handed in his approach. But like other's have said, with a few accomomdations, the benefit outweights the inconveniences here (shrug)

This pastimperfkt is a complete tool...

He refused Insurance on a CAP 133 CGC NM 9.6 and when CAP was "killed" he retracted 2 bids on similar CAP cgc's and got 1 neg with my CAP 133 and a Neutral over another CAP CGC 108( Trapster).

I'm sorry but this makes absolutely no sense.