• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: DAREDEVIL 158 CGC 9.6 W

24 posts in this topic

..its a tough one to find in the PQ and QP you desire. It took me the longest time as well (sold it though awhile back) and I was buying multiples. Same thing with 9.8, took me (3) before I found the "keeper" that had a slight miswrap to the back.

I'll keep my eyes open.. but you might want to jump on a copy that has the QP you desire even if its not a White pager. If you find the perfect 9.6 down the road, you sell the other.

confused-smiley-013.gif

yup... especially if you are among those that are very happy with solid 9.4 (NM, for you Pov), high "eye-appeal" copies. That was a good value and a nice book.

Sometimes I wish I could be hypnotized so that (9.4/9.6) would do it for me too... I'd have 3-4X the amount of books in theory. Problem is... there is not a high supply of "non-key" bronze books being graded for Bronze Collectors to work on runs in lieu of pursuing higher grades on the keys.

The more I think about it, the more I think CGC would get a big boost in submissions and Bronze collectors in general would start to work on runs (IF) the "1974 price line" was moved back somewhere between 1978-80. The topic has been discussed and several forumites (including Vince who deserves credit for a positive idea) have brought this up.

I wonder if there is a way to make that happen?... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I might come up with a proposal to CGC for a limited-time date shift to coincide with the arrival of my website if I can find a creative way to make it worthwhile for them too. Its a long shot but you never know how far an idea can go if you put some effort behind it.

How much is it gonna cost me? confused-smiley-013.gif

I bought a copy off "slidders" on ebay in early February for $71- raw. He was selling it as NM/NM+. When I got the book I was extremely happy it was a lock for 9.6 and it has white pages. If I did slab books (which I don't) it would be in my top ten to get done.

It was probably my most pleasant ebay raw comic purchase.

I bought a copy off "slidders" on ebay in early February for $71- raw. He was selling it as NM/NM+. When I got the book I was extremely happy it was a lock for 9.6 and it has white pages. If I did slab books (which I don't) it would be in my top ten to get done.

You do realize that your story....although a great one....only serves to make me more frustrated. 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

You do realize that your story....although a great one....only serves to make me more frustrated. 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

How about Scottish (of all freaking people) buying a few Daredevil 158 and 168 copies waaaayyy before the movie was even announced, and having them come back CGC 9.4 to 9.6..

Scottish... bought raw copies... and they got NM+ grades from CGC... Scottish... 893whatthe.gif

How about Scottish (of all freaking people) buying a few Daredevil 158 and 168 copies waaaayyy before the movie was even announced, and having them come back CGC 9.4 to 9.6..

Scottish... bought raw copies... and they got NM+ grades from CGC... Scottish... 893whatthe.gif

27_laughing.gif

Sorry mate......actually it is a POS that wouldn't crack a 2.0.

Does that make you feel better?

Sorry mate......actually it is a POS that wouldn't crack a 2.0.

Does that make you feel better?

flowerred.gif