• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brave and the Bold 54

16 posts in this topic

I think folks are being a little hard on this one. I don't see anything other than the soft corners and a couple smudges on the back. I see one miniscule spine tick.

8.0 :sumo:

I think folks are being a little hard on this one. I don't see anything other than the soft corners and a couple smudges on the back. I see one miniscule spine tick.

8.0 :sumo:

You may be right, John. hm:)

to be honest I wasnt going to say anything, but 6.5? Let me show you guys a 6.5:

here is a CGC 6.5:

ll1cgcb.jpg

there isnt a single crease on this books spine, and all other thre edges are just about perfect as well. I was kinda floored by the 6.5/7.0 comments.

Heck, for a second, I thought you were all dealers and I was selling you you the book! :kidaround:

I agree, it's certainly nicer than a 6.5. I'd call it 8.0, mostly because of the nick on the top edge of the back cover (or is that just a bit of dirt? Hard to see). Without that, it'd be higher.

It'd dirt, not a nick

I don't see it being any lower than a VF 8.0. Unless there are things that I am not seeing. That spine looks solid as hell. The only flaws I can see are a bit of corner softening. It has a better spine than a CGC 8.5 Modern book I have (and that one also has a small crease to a corner color breaking)

I say it has a shot at 8.5 VF+

7/7.5 borderline-the back makes it look worse than actually is structurally speaking, due to the yellowish spotting. You've got soft corners plus some slightly more serious issue with the bl corner on front or br on back, looks possibly pressed in a tad, but hard to make out from the pic-if pressed in at all then 7.0 or maybe even 6.5, if not then 7.0 to 7.5, depending on how hard you want to judge the back on an aesthetic basis.