• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guesses on grade?

19 posts in this topic

Here is a DC from 1959 that is in unusually good shape for my collection. I know it's not minty (it has some spine ticks and a couple of folds) but it feels newsstand fresh, and has almost no surface wear. What would you guess the grade is? It's probably not high enough to GCG, but man it's a great-looking book in person for a '59 DC.

WW110A.jpg

WW110B.jpg

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks guys! Like I said, I didn't think it was CGC-worthy, but this is one of those books that looks so nice in person I couldn't figure out what it appeared to be from the outside. I was having trouble finding objectivity because it was so unexpectedly 'fresh' (for my collection, always a shocker). I'm trying to write an auction and needed a 'step back' from you fine fellows. I didn't want to misrepresent it. Thanks muchly!!

-- Joanna

5.0. I don't mean to hate on your book frown.gif I just think the lower rh corner creases would kill the cgc grade. Still a looker!! thumbsup2.gif

Hater!!!

5.0. I don't mean to hate on your book frown.gif I just think the lower rh corner creases would kill the cgc grade. Still a looker!! thumbsup2.gif

Hater!!!

Gosh darned dagnabbit Hater!

Screw you hippie!!

5.0 to 5.5. Is that a picture of Stephanie Zimbalist for your avatar?

Yeah, we were doing TV week. I should change it. Hmm... I'm thinking a bit of nostalgia might suit me.

I was going to originally ask if that was you in the avatar but then I realized the picture looked too familiar.

Tom

Hater!!!

Screw you hippie!!

Err - I was agreeing with and reinforcing your sentiment, Greggy! 893frustrated.gifinsane.gif893frustrated.gifinsane.gif893frustrated.gifinsane.gif

Hater!!!

Screw you hippie!!

Err - I was agreeing with and reinforcing your sentiment, Greggy! 893frustrated.gifinsane.gif893frustrated.gifinsane.gif893frustrated.gifinsane.gif

sorry.gif

Hater!!!

Screw you hippie!!

sorry.gif

grin.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I was going to originally ask if that was you in the avatar but then I realized the picture looked too familiar.

Tom

It is fine with me if you confuse the two of us. Yup, I'm okay with that.