• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Inventory Box stolen at NY show

72 posts in this topic

OR maybe the person who took them know who you are and will sometime in the future will say they found some of your books for a reward.. :baiting:

OR they have already made a deal with some one collecting some kinda book that you had in the box and already sold them to a private party for far less than there worth.. hm I'd go this route because I don't think people are that stupid to put them online or a LCS to sell them. they may not know what they have but reading these boards give people alot to think about and to know what to look for..

But yes, a wide area video setup attached to your display rack could probably happen for less than $750.00 total. (including extended cables which you could run along the A-frame of your racks.)

I did notice one dealer had a sign up that said you are being watched on camera.

hm A $750 video set-up? Or, a $5 sign that says you have a video set -up? I wonder if they'd be equally effective, in some cases?

you can also get fake cameras that cost less & put up a few signs that say you are being watched as well... now none of this helps if someone steals anything how ever it could g ive others second thoughts like people say...

My lcs has a few fake ones and a few real ones out and about how ever neither has stopped anyone from stealing the odd item now and then.. most of the time its when there is a group of people they distract while one yoinks :(

run the lot over with a car and be done with itI say :S

Bob: I wished I could say something that would bring the books back but unfortunately I can't. I know the highlight of the show for Barb and I was on Friday night when you allowed us to take you out for dinner. This shouldn't happen to one of the good guys.

Jim

you can also get fake cameras that cost less & put up a few signs that say you are being watched as well... now none of this helps if someone steals anything how ever it could g ive others second thoughts like people say...

My lcs has a few fake ones and a few real ones out and about how ever neither has stopped anyone from stealing the odd item now and then.. most of the time its when there is a group of people they distract while one yoinks :(

I would get the REAL cameras. I saw some REAL cameras at that Wizard World LA I went to a few weeks back...

CAL :sumo:

I would get the REAL cameras. I saw some REAL cameras at that Wizard World LA I went to a few weeks back...

I saw em. To there were a couple at Matt Nelson's booth.

I saw em. To there were a couple at Matt Nelson's booth.

I would not want to see ANY dealer get ripped off...

bad karma bad business bad all around.

CAL who fights crime...

Yes, once again, I must say that I can't fathom why any dealer who sets up at any medium to large show, and sells high $$$ comics, does not have a security system in their booth.

Seriously. If you already own a laptop (or even small desktop), it only costs $90 to add a cheap two camera system (.35MP, low res), which would give you some idea who stole them (height, build, race, clothing, facial hair, and maybe larger tatoos). A top of the line system would only be $250 and give you decent resolution (2 MP), night vision, audio recording, etc. The top line system also supports about as many cameras as you could come up with USB ports, so if two cameras weren't enough, add another $25-$30 per camera to get as many as you want.

The only thing you may need to buy not in these prices are USB extension cables, depending on how you locate the cameras. Three cameras would be enough to get good coverage on almost any booth. Still, for $300 you could have three cameras, software, and cables to install everything. All you need to already own is the laptop (and even if you don't have that, another $500 will get you more than enough laptop, so $800 for the whole system, which is still tiny if you are carrying $50k-$100k in inventory, with hundred and thousand dollar books.