• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Off Topic :: Part VI :: BATTLE ON!!!

70 posts in this topic

I was just kicking Khaos' arse, but since I didn't read the rules or pay attention, I didn't know that you can defuse bombs, so he took my flag. frown.gif

Don't be a wimp....I suck too.

confused-smiley-013.gif

Somehow I am doubting this!

foreheadslap.gif

Smack yourself all you want - what about those cool books you were looking for I may like?

sorry.gif

I was just kicking Khaos' arse, but since I didn't read the rules or pay attention, I didn't know that you can defuse bombs, so he took my flag. frown.gif

Well I TRIED to be a gentleman but obviously gentlemen are not welcome here SO - I kicked the Industrial Captain's butt! That was the victory I aluded to previously - but seeing such braggacio! Such cockiness! Such - aww hell -I just wanted to say I beat Captains Of Indusrty for my 1st victory! grin.gif

For those in the know, is this basically the same as the old board game "Stratego"? I used to kick in Stratego, and actually have a comic-book related story about it.

I used to read/collect/trade with my neighbor across the street when I was in elementary school, and we used to play cards and other games and bet comic books on the outcome. He was a year older than me, but I was pretty intellectually advanced back then (which is different from being hyper, which is more like having ADD), and in fact I was the only 5th grader in school to beat our Gifted Education ("Enrichment" as it were) teacher in MasterMind...but that's another story.

Anyhow, my buddy tells me his friend is coming over the next day and wants to play me. No problem, I take on all-comers! So I'm sitting in his living room and my friend gets up and makes this grand introduction and "the new kid" hops into the room with a Superman (Batman?) cape around his neck and proclaims himself "Stratego King" or some [!@#%^&^]. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif Needless to say, I proceed to trounce yet another hapless victim and walk away with more funny books... thumbsup2.gif

MK, if you want a rematch, I'll be on board likely later this evening.

Mike, I never played stratego, but in sum, this game incorporates the chess battle assembly (ie. lining-up the soldiers in the first two lines of a chess/checker board, and on the opposite end of your opponent), and strategy games in that you can identify skills and battle tips when you hover each soldier before each move. The visuals are kind of cool for an online game, and the sound effects, especially the slashing, creates a great battle atmosphere. I play with the sound full blast -- that is unless my wife starts giving me one of these mad.gif

I played my first game Sunday while doing some searching on the web. I played my first three games blindly, and got my kicked, but then I loosened up, had some barley, watched some vive la bam and wildboys on MTV, and beat MK handidly. acclaim.gif

Its also kind of cool to use the chat to distract your opponent insane.gif

For those in the know, is this basically the same as the old board game "Stratego"? I used to kick in Stratego, and actually have a comic-book related story about it.

I used to read/collect/trade with my neighbor across the street when I was in elementary school, and we used to play cards and other games and bet comic books on the outcome. He was a year older than me, but I was pretty intellectually advanced back then (which is different from being hyper, which is more like having ADD), and in fact I was the only 5th grader in school to beat our Gifted Education ("Enrichment" as it were) teacher in MasterMind...but that's another story.

Anyhow, my buddy tells me his friend is coming over the next day and wants to play me. No problem, I take on all-comers! So I'm sitting in his living room and my friend gets up and makes this grand introduction and "the new kid" hops into the room with a Superman (Batman?) cape around his neck and proclaims himself "Stratego King" or some [!@#%^&^]. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif Needless to say, I proceed to trounce yet another hapless victim and walk away with more funny books... thumbsup2.gif

What you may not realize is that the "caped contestant" was in fact a very young Dean Cain...

MK, if you want a rematch, I'll be on board likely later this evening.

Mike, I never played stratego, but in sum, this game incorporates the chess battle assembly (ie. lining-up the soldiers in the first two lines of a chess/checker board, and on the opposite end of your opponent), and strategy games in that you can identify skills and battle tips when you hover each soldier before each move. The visuals are kind of cool for an online game, and the sound effects, especially the slashing, creates a great battle atmosphere. I play with the sound full blast -- that is unless my wife starts giving me one of these mad.gif

I played my first game Sunday while doing some searching on the web. I played my first three games blindly, and got my kicked, but then I loosened up, had some barley, watched some vive la bam and wildboys on MTV, and beat MK handidly. acclaim.gif

Its also kind of cool to use the chat to distract your opponent insane.gif

I'm on to your tricks! (And I even employed your "chatty cathy" strategy on another foe. insane.gif ) And you'd better believe I want a rematch! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif