• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Original art- price slashed

41 posts in this topic

That sucks that you're forced to sell such a beauty. frown.gif

But looking at it from a positive viewpoint, she's lucky to have inherently valuable things like GA comics and original art to sell when push comes to shove.

Or to paraphrase a forum member, there are people who spent their last dollar on milk for their baby, and now the milk's run out.

That sucks that you're forced to sell such a beauty. frown.gif

But looking at it from a positive viewpoint, she's lucky to have inherently valuable things like GA comics and original art to sell when push comes to shove.

Or to paraphrase a forum member, there are people who spent their last dollar on milk for their baby, and now the milk's run out.

I made some very stupid buys in the 90's, but I also made some very smart buys. I never thought of any of it as investments, but that's what the smart buys have turned out to be.

It's okay that I have to sell; I've already comes to terms with that. Right now, watching all the fires here, my problems are pretty darn small. Just keep those flames away from me and mine, and I'll be fine.

-- Joanna

Half my etended family is in California, and I've got 2 cousins(They're brothers) who live in that area, and one of them already had to evacutate with his wife and kids. The other one can clearly see the fires from his house, and may likely have to leave soon as well.

The fact that it was arson is beyond infuriating........ mad.gif

Half my etended family is in California, and I've got 2 cousins(They're brothers) who live in that area, and one of them already had to evacutate with his wife and kids. The other one can clearly see the fires from his house, and may likely have to leave soon as well.

The fact that it was arson is beyond infuriating........ mad.gif

In the San Bernadino area two white males in their 20's driving a van threw a lit book of matches into the woods. The resulting fire has burned multi-thousands of acres, hundreds of homes and killed 2 people so far. A psychologist said that these arsonists "tend not to think of consequences." I'm usually not a violent person, but I would vote to have both of these guys burned alive as punishment.

Another fire was started by a hunter who shot into the air to signal his friends. At least this guy came forward, and it was obviously an accident.

Another fire was started by the military as the soldiers fired on their practice range.

I haven't heard about the rest, but I think we can figure out that it isn't a good time to be shooting guns in the tinder dry southland right now. Unless, of course, you see two white males in their 20's driving a van and throwing books of matches around.

-- Joanna

Unfortunately, I think she'd end up selling it later anyway. frown.gif

Bonds is right.

Hkp -- that is incredibly sweet of you (I know guys hate that word, but trust me -- women say that only as the highest of compliments). At this point, I can't afford to have expensive art. Doesn't mean I can't buy new pieces later. Maybe some day I'll find something I want even more. And I still have the pieces John Byrne gave me as gifts. They're not the kind of pages that would get much money because they're just ordinary interior pages. But one is the page that has the first mention of the characters named after me, and another has a note at the bottom thanking me for helping him (the note appeared in the issue). The piece I'm selling is just an image I loved, but those other two are sentimental favorites.

Things are bad financially right now, but it's just because of a confluence of circumstances. Some things that were supposed to happen in October have been delayed until November (unexpected delays). Add a really bad month of ebay sales, and that's why I ended up in a hole. However, I may have some wonderful news soon. I'll let everyone know as soon as I do.

Besides, the art may not even sell! There's never a guarantee with this sort of thing. I could end up keeping it after all because no one liked the price.

-- Joanna

Hate to be a grammarian but is the extra s after the the ' after Khaos necessary? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hate to be a grammarian but is the extra "the" after the first "the" necessary? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

frown.gifsmirk.gif I've proven that you are a troll! 893naughty-thumb.gif

Won't Logan become jealous now? devil.gif

I can always change loyalties again. Right now, you're online, he's not.

He's on invisible mode now so you never know! crazy.gif