• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My NYCC report updated with dinner report

30 posts in this topic

Totally cool meeting you. I had a great time at the dinner, discussing different collecting aspects. Talking with you, Nik, and Jim (CGCWorld) was the highlight of the dinner for me. I really liked the discussion of HG books, Niks outlook on books, and being told "well at least you arent a shill" haha. With the people sitting at the table with me, everyone had a different view on buying, selling, and hoarding comics. Made for great conversation . I had a great time, and glad I could meet you.

Pat-

Same here, Pat. Glad you had great time as well.

Hey KC120us,

I was really nice to met you, and It was fun to here about your x-men collection. (worship)

see you around the boards, (thumbs u

John

To close it all out, in a “only in NY fashion” Nik and I and Paul (literally) ran into none other than Comedy directing legend Mel Brooks. I recognized him immediately and said hi while a woman ahead of us said “We love you, Mel!” Mel looked at us a little startled but in pure Mel fashion, stood straight up waved and said hello before turning around and going on his way. Mel Brooks just walking down the street like everyone else. Only in New York.

That's pretty cool and a little funny to me because when I got back to the Hotel after the dinner, I flipped on the TV and heard "Badges, we don't need no stinking badges." then I finished watching the rest of the movie. I was thinking to myself how much I actually liked Mel Brooks movies and probably, literally, at the same time you guys were a couple of blocks away meeting him on the street.

Is Mel Brooks in Treasure of the Sierra Madre???

:grin:

Two greatly underrated Mel Brooks movies come to my mind:

1) Life Stinks

2) The Producers( Gene Wilder)

Mel Brooks is truly one-of-a-kind

Great report

Great info

You are right - only in New York!!!

CAL originally from the East Coast