• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My NYCC sketches - ZOMBIE LOVERS, check them out!!!

44 posts in this topic

I had an absolute blast at this convention (although it was VERY hectic at times). I was fortunate enough to meet my three favorite zombie artists, and get con sketches from each! They were all top notch guys, and made the NYCC a very memorable and amazing experience! Danny (MutantKeys) and I were drooling over these artists for a good portion of the weekend :grin:

First up, Sean Phillips:

PhillipsNYCCSpideyZombie2.jpg

Next, Charlie Adlard:

AdlardNYCCzombie2.jpg

And finally my favorite,

Tony Moore: Walking Dead #3 cover recreation:

MooreNYCCSketch2.jpg

I was fortunate enough to meet my three favorite zombie artists, and get con sketches from each! They were all top notch guys, and made the NYCC a very memorable and amazing experience!

What a trio! (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u Also great to hear the artists made the experience extra memorable.

Steve, did Adlard have anything to say regarding his "mini" pages? Any plans to go back to full size any time soon?

Danny and I both asked about it.....

He said he had no plans to return to regular 11x17 art. He is able to stick to deadlines and pump out detailed pages much faster on the smaller boards. He also said it makes for slightly better quality when the pages go off to the printer since the art doesn't need to be downsized very much when the books are printed.

He said all of this after Danny and I had a bunch of his 11x17 pages signed, and only one of the smaller ones :eek:

Steve -

Was Tony selling any pages at his booth? If so, how were his prices?

He actually had a TON of art for sale at his booth. A lot of the Walking Dead pages that are available on his site (the prices seemed about the same...pretty high) and a few covers as well (most of which had water damage). He also had two portfolios worth of Fear Agent stuff, and some of those seemed a bit mroe reasonable than the prices listed on his site. I almost picked up a really nice page or $200/$300, but decided to pass for now.

In addition to the Walking Dead and Fear Agent stuff, he had a box of pages from Brit, Battle Pope, and Exterminators, and they were all $100 or less! I almost grabbed a Brit page that I liked for $80, but decided against it as well since money is a little tight at the moment :)