• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gobbledygook 1

53 posts in this topic

Very interesting. Well it looks like there may be one and only one graded copy out there.

I still wish I knew why I could not find it in the PGX census.

Did the later version from Mirage have a color interior or just a color cover?

I thought that might be the case. Well you learn something new every day.

I wonder if the reason the spine is so stressed is the way E&L put the books together by hand?

Also seller claims 50 copies made, your link states 150. Hmm. hm

I wouldn't automatically assume this is a legit copy just because it's slabbed. There's a reason CGC won't grade the book and PGX isn't necessarily the gold standard of the grading industry.

I wouldn't automatically assume this is a legit copy just because it's slabbed. There's a reason CGC won't grade the book and PGX isn't necessarily the gold standard of the grading industry.

Because it's PGX, I'd actually assume the opposite (thumbs u

The original copies of this book were essentially copies, so it's very hard to tell an original. I do know the originals weren't stapled like that (on the front left side of the cover). That's a red flag to me.

Exactly. I saw these exact same books sell ungraded a few months back. They each went for just a couple hundred and only because those who took the time to check out would see that the staples are ALL WRONG. That was why I didn't bid even a cent then, I sure as heck won't bid now.

Anybody even considering these books, should stay far away. These are not the real deal. And the fact that PGX has graded these fakes, to me, says alot about the company.

Issue #1 features TMNT on the back cover as an ad only as does issue #2. Issue #1 does feature the first apperance of Fugitoid and approx. 50 copies were produced. Signed and numbered editions of these books do not exist based on information that collector Chuck Costas received from Kevin Eastman regarding these two books several years ago.

If your looking for more info check out:

GOBBLEDYGOOK ARTICLE 1

GOBBLEDYGOOK ARTICLE 2

There was a guy about 2 years ago that auctioned one off. Offered proof that he was involved with the publication of it or something...maybe he was buds with Eastman and Laird. i don't remember. I do remember dicsussing purcase of the book and then someone BIN'd it (or something along those lines). Any way I knew it was a steal at $600. Shame.

R.

Issue #1 features TMNT on the back cover as an ad only as does issue #2. Issue #1 does feature the first apperance of Fugitoid and approx. 50 copies were produced. Signed and numbered editions of these books do not exist based on information that collector Chuck Costas received from Kevin Eastman regarding these two books several years ago.

If your looking for more info check out:

GOBBLEDYGOOK ARTICLE 1

GOBBLEDYGOOK ARTICLE 2

Great reads and thanks for sharing (thumbs u