• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don't mean to beat a dead horse but,.....

24 posts in this topic

Seems someone else doesn't like the change... smirk.gif

Well for me; on grades below 9.0 I still use alpha labels.

But whenever you call your comics NM people always ask:

You mean NM(9.4) or VF+/NM- (9.0/9.2)?

So once you hit the 9.X's you are better off being numerically exact.

Bring back the Alpha grade. It was on the label before, so why take it off just for the newbies. They will learn just like we all did.

You did get me thinking about the 9.X grades without the alpha grade. Maybe they don't need the alpha grade, BUT why remove it anyway.

I think CGC is great, but dropping the alpha grade is a no no. 893naughty-thumb.gif

On another note, I have NEVER seen so many erroneous/scam listings, where a guy is selling a 9.0 or 9.2, and proudly states the comic is NEAR MINT!

Without a corresponding CGC label notation, the newbies and the naive likely have no idea of the ruse.

And I like that someone actually stated what we all thought about this, that sellers of mid-grade comics (especially Golden and Silver) felt that a 7.5 was easier to blow off than a VF-.

Yup, he got me to look also.

Maybe it should have stated that he selectively lowered his prices on books that nobody cares about anyway.

This would equate to Mile High Comics Lowering the Hulk #181 9.6 from $7500 to $6000.

Hey, I dropped my prices 20%, What they are still too high?

f****** Heritage, f******* ebay, f****** Monthly review

Anyone ever ask Marnin how he profited from those monthly Overstreets during the Valiant Heyday? What, nobody knew that Marnin mades Loads of $$$$$$ on Valiants? 27_laughing.gif

Lastly, where is the Mass copy X-Men #1 that graded CGC 9.2 yet was always going to be auctioned off on ebay as a NM+?

God help us when my saviour from high prices becomes Marnin Rosenburg.

27_laughing.gif

As high as his prices are, I don't get how he has room to talk either!!! If Heritage is "gouging" people with their pricing, what do word do we use to describe the kind of inappropriate personal penetration his over-market prices are doing to us? Screwing? Extorting? Buggering? Shaking us down? If CGC created the conditions to damage the marketplace, didn't he exploit those conditions by riding the wave's crest with the sales of his CGC'ed Massachusetts books?

Could he be referring to something the big 3 have done that he doesn't want to explicitly talk about? gossip.gifgossip.gifgossip.gif

Here I am to save the day!

Marnin the Marvelous, saviour of the beaten, the mother theresa of comic book dealers, the caretaker of the people taken by the carnival barkers out there. Come to me my children, let us sit in prayer for the destruction of CGC, the wiping away of those whorey hordes of Heritage and the destruction of the Overstreet Monthly Price review even though I am one of the Overstreet Advisors?

Jim Jones couldn't have asked for a better flock

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

On another note, I have NEVER seen so many erroneous/scam listings, where a guy is selling a 9.0 or 9.2, and proudly states the comic is NEAR MINT!

Sadly...my prediction comes true.... crazy.gif

What a Carnival Barker! He says he has lowered his prices, yet when you look at his website everything is the same.He criticizes CGC yet at the same time gets the MASS Spidey's CGC graded and then sells them at outrageous prices. Dealers like this the public does not need.

Never mind that - where are these "Dark Ages" books he refers to? Those have gotta be pricey, since they must be at least what, 600 years old? I'm assuming they had titles like "The Amazing Advocate" and "Peter Parker, Penurious Peasant" ???

Therefore, I have spent untold hours reassessing many of the retail prices of the books on this web site, in order to reflect the damage done to the marketplace by these 3 institutions. Hopefully, the result of this price restructuring will mean your dollar will buy you more books at prices that better reflect the current state of the marketplace.

Translation: no one wants to pay 10x Guide for uncertified Atlas books that are only collected by a small handful of people. So, I'll lower the muliple to 8x, and see if I get any bites, all the while appearing magnanamous.

By the way Bob, is there a story behind your opinion of Mr. Rosenberg that you would like to share with the boards?

popcorn.gif