• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why do you buy comics...?!

24 posts in this topic

You know, it gets to the point where everytime I spend some money on non-collecting related stuff, I automatically calculate what comics, art, etc... I could be buying with that money. If that's not sickness, I don't know what is.

You know, it gets to the point where everytime I spend some money on non-collecting related stuff, I automatically calculate what comics, art, etc... I could be buying with that money. If that's not sickness, I don't know what is.

It's funny...I kind of think the opposite these days. Now, everytime I think about buying a back issue comic or a piece of original art, I think to myself, "Do I really need this item? Are there better places to spend/invest my money?" It's kind of scary when you see the local Virgin Megastore blowing out 1st run CDs and DVDs for $10 each and think, "gee, I could buy that original art cover for $1,500 or I could buy a mix of 150 DVDs and CDs instead".

Gene (who buys comics primarily to read these days)

It's funny...I kind of think the opposite these days. Now, everytime I think about buying a back issue comic or a piece of original art, I think to myself, "Do I really need this item? Are there better places to spend/invest my money?"

I kind of shift between the two, but those DVD boxed sets have me in their grip bigtime. If I wasn't already getting a ton for Xmas, I'd likely be sinking my comics budget into that area bigtime.

I guess it all comes down to value, and I find the series sets of 24 and The Shield gives me far more enjoyment and use than a single CGC comic.