• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why do you buy comics...?!

24 posts in this topic

to read and enjoy... mostly... I buy the silver and bronze primarily for pride of ownership... i.e. I own the first Ra's Al Ghul, I own the first Silver Age Cap appearance etc... because I've already read the stories reprinted for the most part, it's mostly just to appreciate the history and hold the book in my hands.

As for the new books I buy, it's mostly because I want to read them... but if they become "hot" they're flipped so I can buy something else. I bought a couple of the Turner cover teen titans covers for $10 a piece recently... bought more books... and I kept the Teen Titans #1 reg. cover which I won't sell.

I don't have the energy or desire to be a dealer, although some days I think it must be fun.

Primarily for completist purposes. I want to finish off my underground comic collection, and my pursuit is not driven entirely by the notion of throwing money at every book I want, but rather, to have some interesting stories to share with others about my acquisitions.

My name is mushroom and I am an addict. thumbsup2.gif

[chorus from the audience] "Hi, Mushroom!"

Which "step" are you on - or are you just taking the escalator to...? hehe

I fast tracked.....I figure if araich was on the program then I could be too. Now everytime I read a JC thread and my willpower starts to weaken I call my sponser who immediately brings around a book for me to smell, takes me by the hand and leads me to the nearest comic store so that I can get a fix. cloud9.gif

It's a sickness. I'm working on a theory that ANY form of collecting is a type of neurosis, and I'm hoping for a cure. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

It's a sickness. I'm working on a theory that ANY form of collecting is a type of neurosis, and I'm hoping for a cure. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

No no! If you cure yourself what will you be left with? Real real reality! Don;t do it! Don't DO it I tell ya!!!!!!!!!!!!

No no! If you cure yourself what will you be left with? Real real reality! Don;t do it! Don't DO it I tell ya!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd be left with a hell of a lot more money. thumbsup2.gif