• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stan Lee CGC SS Sketchs and more UPDATED!!!

107 posts in this topic

I think this is a fair price considering you can buy this book for around $250 and send it to a few of our SS witness to get both sigs for probaly around $200 or so.(As long as it comes back the same grade of course)

Its a fair price if you think of it that way,

But since most people don't want to deal with having to wait for the chance to get the sigs, and then hope he/she is able to find someome able to obtain the sig's, while hoping that it grades out in the condition you want (here being a 9.6). Makes the value of a completed SSed book (in this case, Lee and McFarlane) go up, and sometimes it goes up a lot.

Pit got a steal! you arent going to find that book signed by those men, at that price too often, if at all

Oh! And thanks ffcomics for the sweet books I bought off you about a month ago. helped fill a few holes I had!.. I ment to shoot you over a thank you earlier! Been a tad busy ..(just added a comment to the kudos!) ..

:foryou: Thanks! Next time let me shoot me a PM on the boards so I can throw in a few extras!

Its a fair price if you think of it that way,

But since most people don't want to deal with having to wait for the chance to get the sigs, and then hope he/she is able to find someome able to obtain the sig's, while hoping that it grades out in the condition you want (here being a 9.6). Makes the value of a completed SSed book (in this case, Lee and McFarlane) go up, and sometimes it goes up a lot.

Pit got a steel! you arent going to find that book signed by those men, at that price too often, if at all

Thats a fact! :thumbsup:

about gpa, all i gotta do is become a member right i dont need to pay anything? and then what exactly is the site most used for?

also, gambit did you wanna let me know about the ASM 539 venom sketch 9.8 ss lee and garney?

i got the free trial version and tried it, its kinda useless and i guess you need to pay monthly, it seems usefull then but i could just have a friend who has this site check prices for me.

Looks like I still have a ways to go. Thanks a bunch for the help. Hey on a random note......does anyone have any good suggestions to get sketches on for DC comic books. I am having a hard time figuring out which books have a good amount of blank space to get stuff commissioned on.

Anyone have any experience getting sketches done on ASM 400 that foil issue cover? does that sketch on easy?

Thanks

Hey, thanks for those suggestions. I am a total newb when it comes to DC. But I am trying to branch out due to the fact that marvel destroyed any hope I had of continuing to read ASM. I am definitely going to check them out!

Thanks Again!

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/showimage.aspx?gid=151818ℑ=127303190&images=127303190,127304176,127304304,127302944,127303816,127302708,127304408,127305050,127304937,127303648,127303469,127303391&formats=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0&format=0&lgdin=1

pic #4

SOLD!

The Sean Chen sketch sold for $249 on a best offer on eBay! It only took 1 day and i got 2 offers. Just gonna keep posting them their i guess, i get way more offers.

anybody ever get a sketch on superman 500 with the white envelope? seems like another interesting DC kinda blank cover.....it is an envelope, I am debating buying one on ebay but I dont know if I should buy it.

Jon Jespersen got one signed for me in MN this weekend. I am excited to see how it turned out. Dan Jurgens signed and sketched. I am probably going to try to get a bunch more creators on it. Way to go JJ!

How much does Stan lee charge for signatures?

How much do artists charge for sketches?

I am very against someone charging for a signature. Afterall they are getting paid an appearance fee anyway.

It's not very noble. Especially since Stan is getting 1 mil a year just as a consultant to Marvel.

Now Sketches I understand.

Charging for signatures is up to the creator. Stan's signature is worth money. People charge money for it even if Stan didn't charge them. Why shouldn't Stan make alittle money. If people want it and they are willing to pay then let them.

I have more respect for someone who charges a fee for their autograph than someone who won't sign at all.

In addition, do you personally know Stan? Do you know how much he makes per year, do you know what he charges for his autograph, if he charges for his autograph, how many people call him everyday begging to pay for his autograph?

These are all things you should consider before speaking against autograph fees.