• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Got stung in the eye by a hornet today - NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH

23 posts in this topic

Well, after a few hours, some wet tobacco, a couple of Advil and a half a bottle of Scotch, the eye's feeling much better. (thumbs u

For Mike and the others following the archaeology thread, tomorrow we'll be excavating the first of the rock piles to see if it's a burial and I'll definately post an update.

Archaeology Thread

Thanks! (thumbs u

Ouch!

Back in the 70's, I remember my dad taking me and my best friend for a walk in the woods and one of us stepping on one of those ground bees nests. They tend to get ornery when you do stuff like that.

I agree that it doesn't look so bad now but if you stop posting in the next day or two one of us should get your phone number, to see what is going to happen to your comic collection , of course. :)

I used to catch bees in a glass jar with my hand over it before I got the lid on and I know what it feels to get stung.

In the future you should stick to encounters with Vespidae in amber