• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Got stung in the eye by a hornet today - NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH

23 posts in this topic

I posted this in the archaeology thread, but it got moved to the wasteland of the Watercooler where nobody will read it. :sumo:

Anyway, we wandered into area full of hornets today and I got stung multiple times, including twice in the eye. This is really gross - check it out:

PICT1066sm.jpg

PICT1092sm.jpg

I posted this in the archaeology thread, but it got moved to the wasteland of the Watercooler where nobody will read it. :sumo:

Anyway, we wandered into area full of hornets today and I got stung multiple times, including twice in the eye. This is really gross - check it out:

PICT1066sm.jpg

PICT1092sm.jpg

The last time I saw you you were happily holding two new pulps after MegaCon.

Feel better.

It took me 20 minutes to find the thread this afternoon. I hope you still will update the progress as it unfolds. I will read it. ;)

When I was a kid, I had a yellowjacket sting me in the sinus cavity

and after a few days both my eyes puffed so bad I had to go to the emergency room

because I couldn't see through the slits I had for eyes...

All the kids were calling me Rocky, because I look like rock after a bid fight...

"Cut my eyes Mick, so I can finish the fight!"

:P

Yeah, I got stung on the inner part of the eyebrow

(right where the nose line ends and the brow starts)

I would like a photo update, i hope you don't have the allergic reaction I had.

I got allergic to bees from the time I got stung 37 times by hornets at BSA camp

2 years before my sinus sting...

I am still allergic to this day.

:P

Water under the bridge for Theagenes, but if you are fishing/hunting/hiking/working in areas where the bees are, carrying some spray benadryl is great - if you can get it on the sting immediately, it pretty much neutralizes the sting.

Well..on the bright side you should get a few days off of work. My mother used to put Baking Soda on our stings, I think it was supposed to ease the pain. that was the plan anyway. :)

Or if you know anybody that is rich enough to smoke these days

get some tobacco out of a cigarette and wet it and stick on it.

(thumbs u

You got off light. My last sting to the face was by a yellow jacket, had to go to the emergency room. The entire left side of my face was swollen and throbbing like crazy. The crappy thing was I had to go to a Rob Zombie concert that night so I'm sure everyone who looked at me thought I had my azz handed to me in the parking lot. Stings to the face suck!

Well, after a few hours, some wet tobacco, a couple of Advil and a half a bottle of Scotch, the eye's feeling much better. (thumbs u

For Mike and the others following the archaeology thread, tomorrow we'll be excavating the first of the rock piles to see if it's a burial and I'll definately post an update.

Archaeology Thread

As a person who has never been stung by anything other than a mosquito, may I say OUCH!!!

All of my family has been stung at one time or another, multiple times.

But so far so good for me.

PICT1066sm.jpg

PICT1092sm.jpg

You'll be winking at all the ladies for a while.