• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ALEX ROSS MYTHOLOGY SPECIAL EDITION PX HC

17 posts in this topic

18816_ful.jpg

Designed and written by Chip Kidd, with full color illustrations by Alex Ross.

Over the past decade, legions of devoted DC Comics readers have thrilled to the appearance of their beloved super heroes recast in Alex Ross's hyper-real style. From KINGDOM COME to JLA: LIBERTY & JUSTICE, here are the best of his DC Comics drawings: hundreds of amazing never- before-seen sketches, limited- edition prints, an inside look at Ross's creative process, an exclusive new Superman-Batman story written by Chip Kidd, and an all-new Robin origin story written by Paul Dini.

Featuring an introduction by M. Night Shyamalan. 9" x 12" HC, 276 pages, including one four- page gatefold.

This special Previews Exclusive Edition of Mythology is limited, and features a stunning, previously unpublished dust jacket illustration, plus a bonus 11” x 17” insert featuring a retro-styled punch-out SHAZAM toy airplane you can build and fly!

OH yeah

The regular edition has a cover price of $35. I received my copy from Amazon today. I had pre-ordered it and paid about 24.95. It's well worth the purchase price.

The darn book doesn't have page numbers, but about 40 pages into it there's an amazing head and shoulders photo of a wax dummy that was made based on Alex's notes and drawings. It's almost freaky to look at because it's SO real. You truly see what Alex's Ross' Superman would look like if he were real.

Very cool...

893applaud-thumb.gif

BTW, I got a Sakic for Lalime trade cooking. Ariamus likes it but he wants to snag one of my goalies in return for one of his forwards. I'm willing to let go of Fernandez or Denis but not Nurminen (who would have thought the Thrashers would be doing so well?).

not bad.....but if sakic goes will your Fs be good enough to contend? I am jsut happy that kovalchuk is doing well so far and Bergeron from the B's is steady at age 18. Now need to get Kariya/Selanne cookin since my goaltending is not all that.

Hell yeah, I got a good set of forwards & a ton of quality centers. Here are my centers: Sundin, Yzerman, Morrison, Weight, Elias, Stumpel, Ribeiro + Sakic. And I got quality forwards like Amonte, Recchi, & Drury. It's a calculated risk trading my best player. I think I'll be okay or at least I hope so. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif