• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronty...I found it!!!....

19 posts in this topic

Right on thumbsup2.gif

Sharp book. I'd have to say 9.4 to 9.6. I think I see some slight almost-spine-stresses in the yellow. Is that correct? The color of the cover makes it tough to grade in a scan as well.

Also, what's that on the right hand edge? Almost looks like marvel chipping (!). I'm assuming there is no chipping and that it's just discoloration.

You sending it in? Congrats on finding it. Now, where was it hidden?

Dan

I think the scan produced a slightly misleading image as there is no chipping and the stresses that seem to be there (I can see them too) are not really on the book...I found it in my "stack of stuff"... foreheadslap.gif

I'm sending it in tomorrow... thumbsup2.gif

Oh, I figgered you were kidding with that statement... but I still thought it'd be interesting to see what CGC thought was 'wrong' with the book to bring it 'down' to a NM 9.4 when some board members were guessing 9.6/9.8.

That's a great-looking book that seems like it could've gone higher, that's all.

Is there some unspoken jinx associated with calling for the notes on a book that gets a 9.4? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Is there some unspoken jinx associated with calling for the notes on a book that gets a 9.4?

Hey...I need all the luck I can get... crazy.gif

I'll look at the book when I get home to see if anything is visible...if not then I'll call for graders notes...either way I'll LYK... thumbsup2.gif