• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What GA Archives/Masterworks would you like to see

51 posts in this topic

A lot of love for Tomahawk - have I been missing out on a great series?

Nah. Just the 2 guys liking the feature talking it up. Nothing to see here :whistle:

Bah, speak for yourself :makepoint:

I think it is great fun. The Fred Ray art is quiet good, and the revolutionary area isn't one that has been mined to death so it still seems pretty fresh. Sort of half a western, half adventure comic but set 100 years before most westerns.

Eh, I AM one of the 2 guys!! Tomahawk is good for the exact reasons you mention. It's an adventure series more so than a western series as we understand and love to hate in the hobby. I find the strip much more "political" in the loosest sense of the word than the run-of-the-mill western series and the plot variety the writers brought to the series is an added bonus (thumbs u

Nah. Just the 2 guys liking the feature talking it up. Nothing to see here :whistle:

I think it is great fun. The Fred Ray art is quiet good, and the revolutionary area isn't one that has been mined to death so it still seems pretty fresh. Sort of half a western, half adventure comic but set 100 years before most westerns.

Eh, I AM one of the 2 guys!! Tomahawk is good for the exact reasons you mention. It's an adventure series more so than a western series as we understand and love to hate in the hobby. I find the strip much more "political" in the loosest sense of the word than the run-of-the-mill western series and the plot variety the writers brought to the series is an added bonus (thumbs u

Oh Oh and there's a sidekick too!! :D

Meanwhile what is up with DC holding back on the S&K stuff? Even if they are waiting to do Sandman chronologically, I can't believe that there is more interest in the Seven Soldiers of Victory than in Manhunter or the Newsboy Legion.

I've often wondered this also. In addition to the Sandman, Manhunter, and Newsboy Legion material, there is also Boy Commandos -- in their own series, in World's Finest, and in Detective.

oooh, Boy Commandos, I forgot that one. I'd vote for that as well.

Great ideas for the S&K stuff, the Kubert Hawkman and the Toth GL. Also, finish off the Spectre run. And Raboy's Cap Marvel Jr. (thumbs u

I think DC was hoping for some kind of synergies between their 7 Soldiers Archives and the Grant Morrison mini-series of a few years ago. :gossip:

I also go for tomahawk, a great series, I always enjoyed it, but way too pricey to get them all, especially the Star Spangleds.

I think Weird Mysteries, Mister Mystery & Weird tales of the future would make a great 4 volume set, that would be lovely!

I'd also like to see maybe an Atlas Wolverton/ Matt fox collection. Between the 2 it would be thick enough. Maybe.

I think Weird Mysteries, Mister Mystery & Weird tales of the future would make a great 4 volume set, that would be lovely!

Now that I think about it, those titles are public domain now, so anyone who wanted to could make those archives...

Not GA, but... Brave and Bold 1-24.

I'd love to also see a softcover compendium of certain artist's 1940's and 1950's work - Kubert, Toth, etc.

I recently picked up DC Special #12 which reprints Viking Prince and others from the run - fun stuff.

You've convinced me - is the SA stuff good - 'cause it seems pretty cheap if you don't want it high grade.

You've convinced me - is the SA stuff good - 'cause it seems pretty cheap if you don't want it high grade.

Ahhhhhh, not so much. The series starts getting....ah...wierd. DC started to throw everything the "kids where into" at the time in the book. You get dinosauers, and space stories and robots and just wierd stuff that makes NO sense once you get into the silver age stuff. Anything from about issue 40 up is iffy.

Leo O'Mealia's stories for DC

Lou Cameron's stories from Ace (horror, war, sci-fi)

Btw, there's a Cameron interview in the upcoming Alter Ego # 79. :D Roy was looking for scans of his work last night in preparation for the issue.

Btw, there's a Cameron interview in the upcoming Alter Ego # 79. :D Roy was looking for scans of his work last night in preparation for the issue.

Awesome! :headbang:

My subscription has expired so I definitely need to renew

Not GA, but... Brave and Bold 1-24.

I'd love to also see a softcover compendium of certain artist's 1940's and 1950's work - Kubert, Toth, etc.

I recently picked up DC Special #12 which reprints Viking Prince and others from the run - fun stuff.

lol I got one recently, too. It reprints Brave and Bold #1, which is great because I don't have to crack my copy to read the stories now.

While we're talking reprints, let's talk format. I picked up the early Superman Archives, and they reprinted the entire book, complete with ads and text and house ads and you-name-it. Loved them.

Then I picked up the Action Archives and they only had front cover and the Superman stories. Let's see a show of hands, who would like to see the ENTIRE books reprinted, rather than the run of a single character?

I'd buy a bunch more HC's new if I got the whole package. As it is I tend to look for them in the half off boxes at the bigger shows.

While we're talking reprints, let's talk format. I picked up the early Superman Archives, and they reprinted the entire book, complete with ads and text and house ads and you-name-it. Loved them.

Then I picked up the Action Archives and they only had front cover and the Superman stories. Let's see a show of hands, who would like to see the ENTIRE books reprinted, rather than the run of a single character?

I'd buy a bunch more HC's new if I got the whole package. As it is I tend to look for them in the half off boxes at the bigger shows.

It depends on how interesting the rest of the book really is - I did like that the Marvel Omnibus issues reprint the letters sections, and have fond memories of the DC Treasury reprints from when I was a kid, but also loved that DC did a Black Canary Archive - with just that character. Also I'm not sure I'd want to see a Police Comics Archive over the Plastic Man ones.