• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

batman question

11 posts in this topic

I am just wondering but when did this arc or what not start?..

http://comicnewsi.com/article.php?catid=231&itemid=11479

I was looking at it and it actually seems to perk my interest in batman a bit & I have not been interested in batman titles for a while now! This other batman & Ra’s al Ghul being back has me thinking of picking up some titles... in what ones does ra come back?.. Also the girl in the preview says he fell 500 feet with a tangled parachute into a dumpster :S ouch! I think I'd like to read that one heh!

Anyone else reading the current batman arc have some more into on it? Or what do you think of it as well?.. worth getting ect?..

I think Morrison's run has been pretty great. He's juggling a lot of balls in the air right now, but seems to have a plan for seeing it through: I think this is the only ongoing book he plans to continue to write after Final Crisis. One thing I really like about this run is the way he has rescued all those weird alien 1950s Batman stories back into continuity: turns out they were Batman's fevered delusions resulting from a government experiment on sensory deprivation years ago.

I actually think the Return of Ras al Ghul crossover was a low point in both Morrison's Batman run and Dini's Detective run.

The current issue #675 was pretty strong. While the fill-in artist was too Image-scratchy-lined for my taste, this was a solid -script by Morrison. The current love interest Jezebelle Jet is no Silver St. Cloud, but she's not bad.

Morrison's run started with #655. A fill-in interrupted Morrison's arc in #659-662. The return of Ras crossover involved #670 and #671, as well as several issues of Robin, Detective Comics (maybe Nightwing too?).

#675 is as good a place to start as any.

I think Morrison's run has been pretty great.....

One thing I really like about this run is the way he has rescued all those weird alien 1950s Batman stories back into continuity: turns out they were Batman's fevered delusions resulting from a government experiment on sensory deprivation years ago.

Someone needs to tell Morrison the guy who fought aliens was another Batman from another Earth. :gossip: He died in Adventure #462.

One thing I really like about this run is the way he has rescued all those weird alien 1950s Batman stories back into continuity: turns out they were Batman's fevered delusions resulting from a government experiment on sensory deprivation years ago.

Someone needs to tell Morrison the guy who fought aliens was another Batman from another Earth. :gossip: He died in Adventure #462.

That always confused me. Is this alien-fighting Silver Age Batman from 1959 the same Batman as Morrison's?

http://www.comics.org/details.lasso?id=15386

or this one from March 1960:

http://www.comics.org/details.lasso?id=15528

:gossip: Sensory deprivation story is a reference to Batman #156.

(thumbs u Right-- The "Robin Dies at Dawn" story... one of the few from that sci-fi period that actually makes sense if read today.

You know I have had 2 copies of that book so far and sold them both. Adventure 462 is a tough book (for me) to find in HG. Maybe I just have bad luck with that one.