• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Essential Tomb of Dracula... this Wed!

18 posts in this topic

I picked up the Essential Tomb of Dracula today. cool.gif On the inside front cover, there is a house ad for 4 other Essentials - Howard the Duck, Dr. Strange, the Human Torch and Ant-Man. I'm not all that familiar with the Essential output to date. Could these be new ? confused.gif

I picked up the Essential Tomb of Dracula today. cool.gif On the inside front cover, there is a house ad for 4 other Essentials - Howard the Duck, Dr. Strange, the Human Torch and Ant-Man. I'm not all that familiar with the Essential output to date. Could these be new ? confused.gif

Depends on what volume they're advertising, but the short answer is no. They've been around for a while.

Pov:

essentials are black and white reprints printed basically on newsprint quality stock that generally reprint about 20 or so issues of continuity of a given book... usually beginning with number one. essentials are great for 2 reasons in my opinion: 1) they're super cheap, you can pay $14.95 for one and not feel like you need to wait for a sale, even at full price 2) sometimes the artwork looks better in black and white... I especially feel that way about the Kirby work for some reason.

The downside of essentials is that many times the actual reprint quality is poor, but for a good 85% of the book, it's not an issue. Although I also own things like the Masterworks, $15 for Tomb of Dracula stuff is a can't miss. I picked this up and absolutely love it. It's awesome.