• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post Your Best RAW Silver Age Book

110 posts in this topic

That's sad..disgust.gif

He looks really cool. confused-smiley-013.gif

Do you know his origin?

The Falcon was actually created by the Red Skull using the Cosmic Cube. When the Skull first had the Cube he put Cap on an island where he met the Falcon who was also (unbeknownst to Cap) placed there by the Red Skull. Captain America trained the Falcon because he needed his help to defeat a group of five individuals that were terrorizing the natives of the island.

It wasn't until several years later, when the Red Skull in another battle with Cap made the Falcon betray Captain America against his will and told Cap he created him. When the Falcon got over the Red Skull's manipulation he remembered and told Cap his real name and that he had been a common criminal prior to becoming the Falcon. He went to trial for his crimes and although he was found guilty, the judge pardoned him because of all the good things he did since turning into the Falcon.

His wings were given to him by the Black Panther and it's what gives him the ability to fly/glide. He has no ability to fly without them. He is not Luke Cage's brother nor is he related to anyone mentioned earlier. grin.gif

Currently, he's fighting the good fight as an Avenger.

All knowing ninanina.

Let me just say, that not knowing the origin of the Falcon in reality, that is simultaneously the most ridiculous origin/most convincing bull{$^$] that I have ever heard.

One non-Big 2 to rule them all. Scan doesn't do it justice. Soon to be removed from the "raw" category.

HowdyDoody.jpg

This must be what turned me on to GA. I remember watching Howdy Doody reruns when I was 4 yrs old or younger. Also Lone Ranger.

For me, the William Tell Overture is forever associated with "Who was that masked man?" and the answer to "What time is it?" requires no explanation.

Let me just say, that not knowing the origin of the Falcon in reality, that is simultaneously the most ridiculous origin/most convincing bull{$^$] that I have ever heard.

I agree.

It was just plain dumb and was written in such a way it was obviously made up along the way. The biggest problem with the origin story was I remembered the

Red Skull made absolutely no references to even knowing who the Falcon was when Cap met him on that island.

Not perfect, but for this book it's not too shabby smile.gif

298414-dd7.jpg

Nice looking book. thumbsup2.gif

My best condition Neal Adams book! laugh.gif

B%20&%20B83.JPG

Awesome. thumbsup2.gif

Adams B&B's are ridiculously hard to find in nice shape.

Awesome condition! Dibs on it when you get it back from CGC! (Why haven't you submitted it yet? confused.gif )
It's a keeper anyways so I have no real motivation at this time. Should be at least a 9.6! tongue.gif

But it would look so much nicer entombed in a slab of plastic!
Nah....although Adams' art wasn't that great in his B & B run. He was much better later on! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I like the Neal Adams Batman Hardcover I just got. I think he re-did a lot of his artwork specifically for the book, and it looks much better!
foreheadslap.gif I should read my copy! frown.gif