• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crossing Genres

16 posts in this topic

Don't you just love those books that cross genres to attract more readers?

I just picked up this seldom seen L. B. Cole classic that crosses jungle comics with the horror genre. (Horror enthusists will be a little disappointed as this comic only contains Rulah reprints. But then who would be disappointed with a book full of Rulah???)

totj17.jpg

ECFANMAN

Don't you just love those books that cross genres to attract more readers?

No! They drive me batty! I would never have figured out my pre-cde horror checklist without the use of Tales Too Terrible To Tell thanks to these re-riisue thangs. But man, the Cole covers were just amazing!

But then who would be disappointed with a book full of Rulah???)

Not me, bub! grin.gifthumbsup2.gif

Nice book. Very nice book. Put that in the Have a Cigar thread and show those Marvel boys what they're missing! thumbsup2.gif

If I pick up a Rulah book, will it make Sky Girl jealous?

The best crossing-genre book of all time (or at least the cover anyway) has to be Captain America Comics #74 a/k/a Captain America's Weird Tales, with that awesome Red Skull cover!

Of course then comes issue #75 with Cap only in the title, not in the book. WTF?!

Maybe I should post them in the GGA thread. There's more lookers over there.

Now don't condescend to those puffy panted post pubescent panting peepers! If you think this is the place then I reckon this must be the place, I reckon! thumbsup2.gif

PS - those Cole reprint books really DO have amazing covers! That one's a beauty, too. Deep rich colors!