• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

While you guys were at the NY Con I was

5 posts in this topic

I was doing the Paris to Ancaster bike race on Sunday(60 km).I did the shorter version that was 36.5 km long.I finished 13 out of 67 for my age group (40-49) or 67th out of 393 racers.I haven't raced since about 2002 . As a few of you know I am going through a separation and I find it very therapeutic to start riding and racing again.I won't be posting on the boards for a while unless I am selling a few books here and there.I have met a great bunch of guys, a few who I call friends. If time permits I will be going to the Paradise Comics Toronto Comicon Saturday July 12th or Sunday July 13th to wander around.Maybe I will see a few board members there.I also want to thank all the board members who bought books from me.

John

A picture I am the proudest of, I am on the far right (man were we fast)

104-0448_IMG.jpg

That is very cool. that is a pretty good result for not racing for that long. Were you off the bike entirely or did you still ride? How much training did you put in before the race?

I am a cyclist too. I haven't raced since 2000 and man do I miss it. I actually only rode and raced road bikes as training for Mountain Biking. I was a Cat. 3 roadie and usually finished in the front few of the field. My real love is Mountain Bike racing though. I raced Expert (equivalent to Cat. 1, 2 road racing) for several years and qualified for a pro license after dominating the Southeast for two years in 1999 and 2000.

Cycling hepled me get through a seperation as well. My first wife left me for another man in late 1998. I just got on the bike and rode like crazy. It made a difference in my whole life. It didn't take long and I started getting the results I mentioned above. I even met my current wife (10 years younger and a major upgrade) through cycling.

I am glad to hear of your results and that you are feeling good about things.

:applause:

That is very cool. that is a pretty good result for not racing for that long. Were you off the bike entirely or did you still ride? How much training did you put in before the race?

I am a cyclist too. I haven't raced since 2000 and man do I miss it. I actually only rode and raced road bikes as training for Mountain Biking. I was a Cat. 3 roadie and usually finished in the front few of the field. My real love is Mountain Bike racing though. I raced Expert (equivalent to Cat. 1, 2 road racing) for several years and qualified for a pro license after dominating the Southeast for two years in 1999 and 2000.

Cycling hepled me get through a seperation as well. My first wife left me for another man in late 1998. I just got on the bike and rode like crazy. It made a difference in my whole life. It didn't take long and I started getting the results I mentioned above. I even met my current wife (10 years younger and a major upgrade) through cycling.

I am glad to hear of your results and that you are feeling good about things.

:applause:

'

:hi:

Right on John! A co-worker of mine did that race (Luther Taylor...might be same age group as you...rode an orange bike).

Congrats! There were a lot of street racers there doing the course from what I hear!

R.