• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daytona Beach Comic Book Show this Sunday

17 posts in this topic

For anyone that lives in the area or might be in the area- This is a small local show but addmission is free. It also looks like will be fun.

There are some pretty good local dealers attending including the boards own Flee Marquette and HooHa. Those guys along with Tim Gordon from Tampa, Tom's Comics and Paul Dyroff should make for a pretty decent vintage selection.

Show info.

I only went for about 1.5-2 hours. It was a fun show I guess. Nice get together. I didn't buy anything (didn't really plan to)--just had fun hanging out. The attendance was pretty strong. Probably nearly double last show from what I saw.

It actually was a decent show for me. Dollar box sales were strong. The funny thing to see was MCMiles and KingofRulers floating around the room holding a laptop signed on to the hotel WiFi in their left hand and flipping through long boxes with their right hand. They were signed into GPA and looking up values on the fly. :grin: I filmed a little bit of it and if it turned out okay, I will post it.

It actually was a decent show for me. Dollar box sales were strong. The funny thing to see was MCMiles and KingofRulers floating around the room holding a laptop signed on to the hotel WiFi in their left hand and flipping through long boxes with their right hand. They were signed into GPA and looking up values on the fly. :grin: I filmed a little bit of it and if it turned out okay, I will post it.

Those guys were doing that at Tampa. They don't mess around!

Let me know when the vid is up :grin:

Good crowd and people spending money. Me likee. :golfclap: For buyers, lots of good comics to choose from, Golden Age to present including lots of Undergrounds. For a little one-day show, I thought the selection was pretty impressive. I picked up a stack of original art by Jerry DeCaire, plus a Boy Comics No. 6, Planet 18, Wings 22, Sparkler V9 N9 and a Spidey 121.

Bring on the film!

Joe

Okay, here we go. This is just raw footage of the Daytona show this past weekend. MCMiles and KingofRulers wandering around the show with their laptops looking up stuff on GPA and Pedigree. Joe (Hoohah) had a nice booth with lots of golden age. Nice, fun, small show. :)

Okay, here we go. This is just raw footage of the Daytona show this past weekend. MCMiles and KingofRulers wandering around the show with their laptops looking up stuff on GPA and Pedigree. Joe (Hoohah) had a nice booth with lots of golden age. Nice, fun, small show. :)

It's true! The camera does add 10 pounds!

For those of you who don't know, the dealer at the start of the video is Tim Gordon, who runs the wonderful Tampa comic book show.

Joe

It's true! The camera does add 10 pounds!

For those of you who don't know, the dealer at the start of the video is Tim Gordon, who runs the wonderful Tampa comic book show.

Joe

You can also see Central Florida collector/dealer Tom Raupp who is one of the best around. The CFP needs to work on getting him on these boards. hm

You can also see Central Florida collector/dealer Tom Raupp who is one of the best around. The CFP needs to work on getting him on these boards. hm

Tommy has a real job and no time for this foolishness.... :insane:

Joe

Tommy has a real job and no time for this foolishness.... :insane:

Joe

Mason!

Tom is strong enough to rip a stuffed long box of comics in two, length wise.

Tim should be on the boards too but he's got school to teach!!