• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which X-Men book should I keep?

Which X-Men 138 to keep.  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Which X-Men 138 to keep.

12 posts in this topic

Let's see if this works this time around and the poll actually shows up.

I have recently found myself the owner of two CGC 9.6 copies of X-Men 138.

One is an old label CGC newsstand copy.

The other is a new label CGC direct mail copy.

So in the spirit of fun and helping a fellow collector out, which book would you keep.

So you got a poll to post... :applause: Was anything I said helpfull??? (shrug)

I was doing everything correct from the beginning.

Just had no idea you could not "Preview" the poll before posting.

You just have to click submit, and take a leap of faith that it will actually show up in your post.

Even so, I still think someone should post a "How To" and have a mod make it sticky at the top. It would have saved me days of hassle.

So you got a poll to post... :applause: Was anything I said helpfull??? (shrug)

I was doing everything correct from the beginning.

Just had no idea you could not "Preview" the poll before posting.

You just have to click submit, and take a leap of faith that it will actually show up in your post.

Even so, I still think someone should post a "How To" and have a mod make it sticky at the top. It would have saved me days of hassle.

Good to know then. (thumbs u Hope this is the start of many more.

I said old blue label newsstand for two reasons - one is the resub possibility if it is a sweet copy but be careful if you hoard it because those old holders are more vulnerable to book slippage/damage. Also, I like finding newsstand copies. They don't have a premium on the price right now but they seem to be scarcer so if there is ever a "newsstand variant" craze like the price variant craze, they could appreciate in value it's a longshot but (shrug)

I said old blue label newsstand for two reasons - one is the resub possibility if it is a sweet copy but be careful if you hoard it because those old holders are more vulnerable to book slippage/damage. Also, I like finding newsstand copies. They don't have a premium on the price right now but they seem to be scarcer so if there is ever a "newsstand variant" craze like the price variant craze, they could appreciate in value it's a longshot but (shrug)

Thanks for the input.

I have always wondered as well, why the newsstand copies have not been more highly sought out. To me, a newsstand copy should be much more rare in high grade.

And I just noticed that we have 3 votes for "Those books are junk".

So either greggy has three accounts, or a couple of people are being dishonest. ;)

I would probably keep the old label newstand (sale the other or hoard if you prefer)I do believe newsstands are a little more rare in higher grades but that just means when they were bought off the newsstands they were read and saved or beatup and trashed directs could have been in someones store stock for 20 years or so. they had a better chance of mantaining there grade easier so maybe a little less rare for higher grades. But it's X-men you won't go wrong either way.

I would probably keep the old label newstand (sale the other or hoard if you prefer)I do believe newsstands are a little more rare in higher grades but that just means when they were bought off the newsstands they were read and saved or beatup and trashed directs could have been in someones store stock for 20 years or so. they had a better chance of mantaining there grade easier so maybe a little less rare for higher grades. But it's X-men you won't go wrong either way.

Thanks for the input MonkeyMan, and welcome to the boards.