• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic collecting, from a Major Coin collectors view....

8 posts in this topic

Hey Hepcats........

I've been collecting coins since I was 8 and have assemble some of the finest collections in the Country. I have spent upto 15k for a single Franklin Half dollar....

I really love coins.... I have also been collecting comics since I was very young.... I grew up with Archie and Juggie and I love em both..... I also dig Wonder Woman and most DC Superheros....... Marvels get way gone also, many cool titles here...

In coins when I built a top ranking Franklin half registry set, I had a nice mixture of brilliant coins, some nice toned coins, of all the dates in high grade needed to complete the series.....

But the one thing I love about Comics is all the different covers... Where as some of my coins looked the same, with Comics each and every color is unique....

And the smell of a Golden/Silver age comic is awesome!!! How many here simply smell their books??? I do.....

I had some crazy comic runs in my day, I regret selling my full run of Plops! These were some really crazy and farout covers.....

Currently, I'm looking for Silver age Archies with Alien themed covers....

This hobby is way fun Kiddy-o's!!!!!

May the Cats here give me a Archie Registry!

Re: the Plop series, I agree - Basil Wolverton rules! My understanding is that Wolverton was essentially 'discovered' by Al Capp, as the result of a contest that Capp conducted to see who could draw the most repulsive woman... Can any board members verify or refute this story? I'm pretty sure it's true, but...